Guppies :)

Juice

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My cousin gave me 6 guppy fry,

Will I be able to put them in my tank when they are full sized (or at least somewhat larger, they are 2 days old now)

Right now theyre in a little seperate tank, im gona let them grow a little before installing a small filter pump. They are ontop of my stereo receiver to keep warm since I dont have any small heater so theyre about 76 maybe, no thermometer :( im doing water changes with a big giant eyedropper (i think its for syphoning oils from meats in the bottom of the pan, but whatever, it works.)

----------------------------------------------

THE BIG TANK THEY WILL GO IN: (will they be ok?)

15 gal

Stocking:

2 scissortail tetra
3 albino cardinal tetra
1 albino cory
1 small pleco

These are all good community fish right?

Feeding schedule:

once in morning, regular size tetramin pro crisps, crushed tetramin flakes, 2 wardley shrimp pellet

once at night, 1 wardley shrimp pellet, crushed tetramin flakes

stresscoat + melafix cycling through (some of the albino cardinals were nipped by a tiger barb, which was taken out)

water conditioning = stresscoat

ph = 7

temp = 78

filter = aquaclear (gona get a new bigger one though maybe this week or next week)

----------------------------------------------

So the guppies will be ok to go in once they are larger?

I'm very slowly getting them used to the water as they grow. Every day I add about an ounce of the water from the big tank into the small guppy tank

And I feed about 3-4 times a day, very fine crushed flaks

2 of my guppies had fry like 4 days ago. i went to buy another container but better than that is buy a tank separator.
You can put it anywhere in the tank. I have a 10 gal, so i gave the fry like 3-4 inches of space, so they can get the natural water.

And yea, don't put the fry with the other fish until they are big enough. If not, then just use a divider.

2 of my guppies had fry like 4 days ago. i went to buy another container but better than that is buy a tank separator.
You can put it anywhere in the tank. I have a 10 gal, so i gave the fry like 3-4 inches of space, so they can get the natural water.

And yea, don't put the fry with the other fish until they are big enough. If not, then just use a divider.
Dividers are about 20 bucks here, i'm saving up for a whole new tank just for guppy breeding

I want your 10 gal tank so look at your for sale thread

Most reactions

Back