Guppies

Sunny_Cait

Reaction score
Hey guys! I decided to go ahead and turn the ten gallon into a guppy tank. I know, tame, but. So Ms. Bailey the betta was moved to her own 1.5 gallon, where she is actually much more active. So yay!

Now we have 7 guppies. We have our original 3… George, Izzie, and Callie. And now we have 4 more beauties… Alex, Meredith, Cristina, and Chief. And yes, there is a theme. ;) And yes, I also know they are all male. I know. I just like the names.

Without further ado, pictures!

Original three.

Izzie:
IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

Callie:
IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

This one has some issues with his tail, he came that way. George:
IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

And the new guys:

Chief:
IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

Meredith. This one always looks depressed.
IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

Alex. This one isn’t very bright at all.
IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

Cristina. Aloof little fish!
IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0870-1.jpg

nice photos, you are gonna give the male fishes complexes calling them girls names :p

Love the Names, Izzies' is the best suited.

Thanks! I really enjoy watching these guys. I hope that they don't get too bad of a complex... LOL

Hhehee, Gill, that it is. I tried to match the names slightly to either physical traits (blonde-ness of the first guppy) or personality traits (like the blue guppy's defeatist attitude). I think it worked sort of. :p

Where do you live? All your fish look stellar!!! The guppies were i live are crap, i have never seen cons that nice, adn your parrot is beautiful!!!!!!! Tell me your secret!!!!!!!!

LOL!!! I have no clue why these fish are so nice. I've seen nicer guppies than these guys, that's for sure, but they just... there's something about them.

The BP was a luck thing... Although, he is by far the handsomest BP I've ever seen, in person or otherwise (totally not trying to be rude or anything). The cons were luck, too. They weren't very attractive when I first brought them home, and now they are very colorful and pleasant. :)

iv 2 guppies like r izzie except there red in tails insted of blonde/yellow is there a certain name for them or jus the way their breeded??

I have no clue on any of the colors, I just pick what looks best to me. :) Maybe someone else can help you out.

They're all lovely. I have two just like your yellow and black spotty tail guys. They are called Gordon Brown and Ed Balls (this is what comes of trying to interest your other half in fishkeeping by allowing them to name the fish...)

Good luck with George's tail, I hope he gets better soon. Are you treating him with anything? I found Melafix and Pimafix quite useful.

I love guppies. I know people turn up their noses at them but they are such great little fish, full of beans!

Most reactions

Back