Guppies

you'll have a job selling them, i stuggle to give mine away now my breeding is under control, because guppies are common and so easy to breed its harder to get rid of them compared to a rarer livebearer or pure strain guppy for example

i shall do my best and plus theres a advertisement for people that take in fish so yeah could always drop them there, or my mum runs a nursery and one of the parents has cichlids but he's doing a tank for his two sons (4 and 2) so i could give him some for the kids, his garage is a cichlid fish shop, and he sells them too.

the tank is not finished yet, i will give her a female danio *only reason why i didnt today, is because they didnt have any in stock*

i still need to buy the ornament and a new filter and light so any suggestions for that region as thats a may question at this moment in time, the filter can do but i want a better one.

might be gettin a tube light for my hood 2moz, taking it into the fish shop to get a suggestion and hopefully buy it :)

Hi All,

I've just recently bought a new fish tank.
And was just wondering how any guppies you think i could have?
It holds 39.5litres (9gallons)
here's a link to the one i've got: http://www.clearseal.com/ (then click shaped and the one i've got is the mini pentagon aquarium)

02aug07110.jpg

thanks

I like the fish that is in there now^LOL, I see your reflection. I would say at the most 5.

i still think it will be best to have all male, i have kept guppies for many years at one point i had a trio 1male 2 female ended up with around 100 fry every 2 months which were very hard to get rid of, with an all male tank you won't have that problem, so i stick to my words and you really should think carfully about the advice given

i have the new light in and a new fluval 2 filter :)

just need to wake for the mirkyness to go now :)

GH = 180
KH = 180-240
pH = 8.5
NO2 = 0.5-1
NO3 = 0

those are my readings, need to pick a Ammonia kit later on.
also my Butterfly Hillstream Loach was dead this morning, im thinking because of the high pH... ah well we all learn by mistakes. so I'll be buying a pH lower kit soon, and ammonia too. but apart from that my other readings are okish... also need to lower my GH to 120 and lower my KH a lil bit too...

please don't try move the pH level, it will cause havock in your tank and could kill everything, best to stock around the pH, not that you can have anymore in there

just out of interest what happened to the danio? where are you housing her?

she's in the tank as I speak and she's fine she's been in there for 2 1/2 weeks...

what sort of fish like those readings though? all it says for the kh and gh if african cichlids!!! i cant keep them in there, the tank is too small.

i wont dont worry germ, i might just not buy one atall anymore... until im more experienced at fish keeping.
ive kept fish in the past but all the cleaner type fish dont live long :S they arent as hardy as people make them out to be.

i wont dont worry germ, i might just not buy one atall anymore... until im more experienced at fish keeping.
ive kept fish in the past but all the cleaner type fish dont live long :S they arent as hardy as people make them out to be.
Hillstream loaches should live 4 years, but they require very specific conditions to do well.
They aren't very good cleaners either.....
Good luck, hope things improve.

yeah i'll probably try and get Sterpa Cory's unless someone can point me in the direction for high pH cleaners that'd do well in my tank?

also i think my female danio may have a broken tail :S from the top fin to the tail it is bent.
and also she's bullying all the guppies, like chasing them and sometimes nip at them too...

ooo also i think one female is pregnant. will try get pictures put camera quality is real poor, but that might have something to do with the 1/4 whitish mirky water.

also since the Loach has died its left a nasty smell when i open the hood? any knowing of how i can sort this out?

do you have another tank to move the fish too? also you need an ammonia kit urgently, without it we can't really reccomend anything. but do a 25% water change. the danio is probably chasing the guppies due to lack of space and being alone. defo no more fish in your tank, danios ideally should be kept in groups of 5 but you have no space or any idea why the loach has died. bad smell i have found is due to poor water quality which leads me to believe that with the results you have posted there must be an ammonia reading in your tank which is deadly to the fish.

ive just done about 15% - 20% water change hard to tell really *didnt have th tank full of water* but i added more water then i took out.

I'll let that settle until 12:15am and then should i do a pH, GH, KH, NO2 and NO3 test?
im using the 5in1 aquarium test strips.
but will be buying a ammonia test kit when i have money, also i might give my danio away as i think she'd probably be better off somewhere else except my tank :(

2 of the guppies *females* swim right to the bottom and then swim to the top very fast and their heads leave the water, are the having trouble breathing?

you should return your female guppies, if they are healthy, they can have a batch of up to 100 fry at a time and pet stores won't take fry....... you might as well just let the parents eat the babies and the rest that they cant eat.. ya gotta kill with your hand

sorry

Most reactions

Back