Guppies Dying

southyorkslass

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi there i recently moved my guppies into a bigger tank which i left for 1 week b4 i put them into it and the water was checked and was ok now at least 2 guppies every day are dying does anyone know why ?

hi there i recently moved my guppies into a bigger tank which i left for 1 week b4 i put them into it and the water was checked and was ok now at least 2 guppies every day are dying does anyone know why ?
Sounds like it's cycling - did you move a filter across with the fish?

Sounds like it's cycling - did you move a filter across with the fish?
yes the filter went with them

happened too me too. I had my guppies for 1-2months, but then soon, within a week 3 of them had died, and then the rest died shortly afterwards.

guppies are weak fish these days, and its hard to find some strong guppies.

They have been inbred for their pretty colours making them weaker and weaker.

happened too me too. I had my guppies for 1-2months, but then soon, within a week 3 of them had died, and then the rest died shortly afterwards.

guppies are weak fish these days, and its hard to find some strong guppies.

They have been inbred for their pretty colours making them weaker and weaker.
thats probaly whats happened cos my guppies have some fantastic colours

What are your water stats in ammonia,nitrite,nitrate,and ph.

Take another sample and tell them to write the readings down for you, as they could be dying to poor water qyality.
If you have the money i would invest in a liquid master test kit.

Take another sample and tell them to write the readings down for you, as they could be dying to poor water qyality.
If you have the money i would invest in a liquid master test kit.
yes i think i will be gettin my own test kit

we have one by interpet that we bought for £16.50 , it tests for p.h , ammonia , nirite and nitrate , and has 40 tests in the box :)

its the interpet easy test master test kit :)

we got that from our local fish shop in plymouth :)

all fish shops should sell them , they are very easy to do :) and £16.50 for 40 tests isnt too bad :)

There's also an API master test kit which I bought recently from pets@home which was about £18, it tests for pH, high pH, Ammonia, Nitrite & Nitrate - in total it should do about 700 tests (of course you're far more likely to use the amm, nitrite & nitrate tests more regularly - but you can then buy the replacement singularly).

Hope this helps

Most reactions

Back