guppie that has had ick

Angel Lady

Pet of the Month Leader
Reaction score
:( I cant get rid of that ick at all no matter what I try it still keeps coming back the last time I treated it the stuff never left its body at all.I have used the jungle ICK AWAY I have tried the meth.blue and none of it seems to work I raised the water up to 82 degrees could some one tell me the right meds to get for this problem it is a fancy guppie to.

Here are some suggestions:

1. Raise your temp. to 85-88 F. The ich parasite cannot survive in its freeswimming stage at temps of and over 85F. the parasite can survive and reproduce at 82F, that is part of your problem.

The raised temp. also quickens the lifecycle of the parasite, speeding up the whole process.

2. I would do a 30% water change perhaps first and then raise the temperature.

3. I do not recommend the use of meth.blue to treate ich.. catfish like corys and other scaleless fish are quickly killed by it and much less stressful meds are available. I haven't used the product you mentioned but I use Aquarisol whenever I see ich and along with raised temperatures..this does the trick.

4. If you DO NOT HAVE corys or any other salt sensitive fish in the aquarioum
I would suggest using aquarium salt for FRESHWATER aquariums at the dosage suggested on the package. DO NOT use table salt or marine salt to treat a freshwater tropical aquarium, that way madness lies..
Guppies do quite well with the addition of salt at it aids the fish in its slime production and further nabs the parasites in its freeswimming state.

So,

Water change,
Slowly raise temp to 85-88
Dose with aquarisol
Use freshwater aquarium salt [if you don't have salt sensitive fish]

And you should be on your way to recovery..

GOOD LUCK!!

aquatrippe said:

1. Raise your temp. to 85-88 F. The ich parasite cannot survive in its freeswimming stage at temps of and over 85F. the parasite can survive and reproduce at 82F, that is part of your problem.

The raised temp. also quickens the lifecycle of the parasite, speeding up the whole process.

3. I do not recommend the use of meth.blue to treate ich.. catfish like corys and other scaleless fish are quickly killed by it and much less stressful meds are available. I haven't used the product you mentioned but I use Aquarisol whenever I see ich and along with raised temperatures..this does the trick.

I would suggest using aquarium salt for FRESHWATER aquariums at the dosage suggested on the package. DO NOT use table salt or marine salt to treat a freshwater tropical aquarium, that way madness lies..
Guppies do quite well with the addition of salt at it aids the fish in its slime production and further nabs the parasites in its freeswimming state.

So,

Water change,
Dose with aquarisol

GOOD LUCK!!
:D i got rid of the ick on the guppy and i found 8 babies so far

fish keeper sharks and mollies said:
aquatrippe said:

So,

Water change,
Dose with aquarisol

GOOD LUCK!!
:D i got rid of the ick on the guppy and i found 8 babies so far
:( After the guppie had her babies I found her floating on top of the water yesterday I dont know what happen to her I was shocked

Most reactions

Back