Guppie Still Not Given Birth?

nick1986

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

My guppie still has not given birth been pregnant for ages much longer then the 30 day its meant to be. any ideas shes in a birthing tank at the moment.

photo attached below had to put in pdf as to large.

Attachments

• fish.pdf
    184.8 KB · Views: 52
Is it me or is her spine bent? how long has she been in there?
You should remove her from the birthing trap, its probably stressing her out too much, you're better off letting her lose in the main tank and then saving the babies once she has given birth, or letting them fend for them selves, the strongest and smartest will survive and that way you wont get over run.
I cant tell how squared off she is because of the shape of her....

she has only been in there for 1 day I set it up yesterday thinking it has to be soon like day or so. her back has been like that the larger she is getting the worse it is. the males in the take are chasing her all the time didn't want her to get to stressed that's y I have moved her to the little one.

That happens sometimes, the further along they go the worse it gets and sometimes they dont survive after birth, but I would keep the water really clean and monitor her... Yes I can see that she is pregnant but if I was to hazard a guess I would say she still has another week left, but this is only a judgement as the curve in her spine makes it a difficult one to call.

hi my guppy still has not given birth been pregnant for weeks and weeks now and still nothing. it says about 32 days she has been well over that now well well over that.
anyone got any idea why this is?

Has she been in the birthing tank all this time? What size is the birthing tank?

no took her out was only in there for a day if that

More than likely, she dropped fry, and then she and the other tank mates ate the fry. After this time, she would probably be 3/4 of the way to the next fry drop. Guppies, as with all common livebearers, are basically fry-making factories.

ok thanks for that not seen any signs of fry yet and she hasn't gone any smaller I brought some more female guppies and one of them gave birth in the bag as I was bringing them back home only like 6 I saw and 1 has made it to the size were the other fish don't go for it looks rather cool lol. I will keep a eye out for them but I haven't seen any yet lol

Thanks for ur help and happy Christmas to you all!!!

Most reactions

Back