Guinea Pig!

jpeterson

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello everyone, Maggie my guinea pig is going to be on camera for the next few weeks 24/7. You can watch her at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jpeterson/v3 and I hope to record the birth of the babies! It should be fun and interesting. The page has a chat room where you can chat without logging in. Have fun, hope to see you there!

You must all go have a peek, she is adorable

Seffie x

ps Scot, when you going to put a cam in your piggy house?

Aww she is lovely is she a rex? I breed guinea pigs too, one of my sows is due within the next 2 weeks i felt the babies kicking today so exciting :D

Aww she is lovely is she a rex? I breed guinea pigs too, one of my sows is due within the next 2 weeks i felt the babies kicking today so exciting :D

She is a Rex. The father is a Silver Agouti Rex. However, she is a weird Rex :p. She is in-between a Rex and a Texel. To long to be a Rex to short to be a Texel. She's got the most inquisitive personality ever too!

shes lovely jp :good:

silver agoutis have the nicest babys although Im biased a little :lol:

regards scot

Haha, well i have had some good looking pigs. I might start up again like I was before.

Maggie is getting quite restless and panting quite a bit - she might be close - go take a look

Seffie x

I have fixed the internet at home and the cam is now back up and running! Maggie had the babies while the cam was down. She has had two HUGE ones and is coping well! They can be seen live at www.ustream.tv/channel/jpeterson

Very very very bad news :(:(:(:(:(:(:( The mother of the babies died on Saturday early hours of the morning. We will have to see how the babies are getting on in the next few days. If they are not able to cope I will put them in with another sow with a litter. I am feeding the babies honeydew melon at the moment to give them water and nutrients they need. I will keep you updated!

Sorry to hear this how old are the pups? Any babies i have to hand rear i use evapourated milk watered down or you could use goats milk. I wouldnt give them too much melon it might cause diarrhea.They should be eating hay and dried food small bits of veg by now so they should be ok.Id personally put them in with the other sow and her pups if she will accept them as she will keep them warm. Hope this is of some help, Good luck with them

sorry about that jamie lil is right though goats milk is the way to go as guineas are virtually lactose intolerant it works well it sounds bad but over the years I have tried a few methods and this is the best ive found not to stunt the piglets too much

regards

Most reactions

Back