Gudgeons/Gobys

outofmybin21

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you out there have Gudgeon/Goby`s and you`re experiences with them? :D

I had a pair of peacock gudgeon/gobys a couple of years ago and i think my water became too acidic because they died and i`d had them about a year :-(

Thinking about getting some more as my LFS has just got a load of em in with emperor gudgeon/gobys as well

:rolleyes:

Yeah info would be great!!!
there is 2 peacock gungeons that i am thinking bout buying also!

Sorry for hi jacking mate :p we can share this thread :)

We have two very different species: Violet (Dragon) Gobies & Peacock Gobies.

The Three Peacocks are gorgeous and just spend all day poking around at the lower-mid level and displaying to each other. They're about an 1.5 inches long.

Here's one of our Peacock Gobies posing for the camera..
pgoby2.jpg

The two Violets are long and eel-like, nearly blind and have faces that only a mother could love. They are bottom dwellers and spend most of their time moving sand from one place to another. They're about 10 inches long, but may get to twelve.

Here's a head shot of one of ours...
gobykiss2.jpg

We also used to have four Bumblebee Gobies, but lost them overnight after a temperature crash.
They were excellent little guys for cleaning up the scraps from messy dwarf puffers and were full of character. Bottom dwellers and only 1.5 inches long.
bbgthumb.jpg

would them peacock gudgeons get along with gourami's, blue rams, and a featherfin cat?? (asuming it wont mind the plec's)??

I have 6 goby species and have kept a few more in the past, i have also successsfully bred 4 species. Gobies are great fish with lots of character and come in a range of sizes and temperments to suit everyone, i certainly wouldnt want to be without keeping at least one species..

samthefishman said:
would them peacock gudgeons get along with gourami's, blue rams, and a featherfin cat?? (asuming it wont mind the plec's)??
Peacocks only get about 2 inches, so, probably yes ;)

They would probably end up as food for the Synodontis eupterus, generally its not safe to keep fish under 2" with catfish over 6" unless they are Loricarids (plecos).

We also used to have four Bumblebee Gobies, but lost them overnight after a temperature crash.
They were excellent little guys for cleaning up the scraps from messy dwarf puffers and were full of character. Bottom dwellers and only 1.5 inches long.
SirMinion, you can put bumblebee gobies in with dp's!? I thought it was just plecos and ottos. :*)

outofmybin21 said:
Just wondering how many of you out there have Gudgeon/Goby`s and you`re experiences with them? :D

I had a pair of peacock gudgeon/gobys a couple of years ago and i think my water became too acidic because they died and i`d had them about a year :-(

Thinking about getting some more as my LFS has just got a load of em in with emperor gudgeon/gobys as well

:rolleyes:
GET THEM , BOTH SPECIES
I have five peacocks , they are great little fish and easy to care for as well .

I have 2 males and 3 females , I have had breeding but haven't yet tried to save any fry ,they're in a big tank and I do not have much free time .

My son " Dwarfs " has a mogurda mogurnda , he had 2 but 1 jumped [ poor Mo].
These fish are also a great fish to keep , maybe if I come accross another I will buy it for him .

never kept any others , butwould love to try keeping emperors if I found some .

I love gugeons .

SirMinion said:
We have two very different species: Violet (Dragon) Gobies & Peacock Gobies.

The Three Peacocks are gorgeous and just spend all day poking around at the lower-mid level and displaying to each other. They're about an 1.5 inches long.

Here's one of our Peacock Gobies posing for the camera..
pgoby2.jpg

The two Violets are long and eel-like, nearly blind and have faces that only a mother could love. They are bottom dwellers and spend most of their time moving sand from one place to another. They're about 10 inches long, but may get to twelve.

Here's a head shot of one of ours...
gobykiss2.jpg

bbgthumb.jpg
Nice pic of the peacock Sir , was that without a flash .[ looks like a female ]
Any pics I try to get of mine they look more blue , because of the flash .
We need a tripod , I think .
sorry for jacking

lucky62 said:
Actually, LadyMinion took the photo.
She tells me that she did use a flash.

You say this looks like a female, what indicates the genders in PGs?

SirMinion said:
lucky62 said:
Actually, LadyMinion took the photo.
She tells me that she did use a flash.

You say this looks like a female, what indicates the genders in PGs?
No hump on the forehead, usually fatter :) You'll know a hump when you see it :p

the thing is, the peacoks that i saw are atlest 3"
are there any other gudgeons that are similar to peacocks?

Here's a picture I took showing exactly how different in size & shape Peacocks & Violets really are. (ignore the dwarf gourami's arse)
peacockvsdragon.jpg

Most reactions

Back