Growing My Own

BundyBeta

Reaction score
Would like to know what plants I can grow myself to add to my freshwater aquarium. Does anyone have any links or info to help me get started? Especially Java moss and Java Fern! I would also like to know about plants i can grow in soil then transfer into my aqaurium. Any help would be gr8.

both will grow marvellously even in poor conditions, just buy some from your lfs or from online stores if the lf doesn't stock them, stick them in water and they should grow fairly well.

java fern needs to be tied to rocks/wood not buried in the substrate, you'll see new leaves sprouting up on the ends of the old leaves, these can be picked off and tied onto another bit of wood to form they're own plant.

and java moss, well it just grows, you can just pull clumps of it off! :good:

both will grow marvellously even in poor conditions, just buy some from your lfs or from online stores if the lf doesn't stock them, stick them in water and they should grow fairly well.

java fern needs to be tied to rocks/wood not buried in the substrate, you'll see new leaves sprouting up on the ends of the old leaves, these can be picked off and tied onto another bit of wood to form they're own plant.

THANK YOU :rolleyes:

THANK YOU :rolleyes:

Are there any plants I can grow out of water to start then add into tank later that aren't toxic or anything?

Most reactions

Back