Gro-lux

Qays

Fish Herder
Reaction score
has anyone used these lights? What do you think of them?

They are 5000 kelvin, is this a good kelvin too fish up my fish and help my java fern grow?

6,500 is a good kelvin range... :) 5,000 is yellowish for me :) hehe BUUT right now im using a 4,400 kelvin bulb ! my tank is really yellowish but its the only way i can notch up my lighting ...

gro-lux are supposed to be plant bulbs right ? a good thing to do is to mix the bulbsm, get a gro lux and a standrad daylight bulb :) that should be better IMO

I bought a gro-lux tube a few weeks ago and I'm already wanting to change it :( , it's very pink!!! I have it mixed with other tubes including an arcadia tropical which is a lot nicer and cleaner looking. The plants directly underneath the tropical tube seem to be bubbling a lot more than the plants underneath the grolux.
I'd definetly recommend trying to get a hold of a different tube, but at the end of the day it's what you think looks best for your tank :)

I bought a gro-lux tube a few weeks ago and I'm already wanting to change it :( , it's very pink!!! I have it mixed with other tubes including an arcadia tropical which is a lot nicer and cleaner looking. The plants directly underneath the tropical tube seem to be bubbling a lot more than the plants underneath the grolux.
I'd definetly recommend trying to get a hold of a different tube, but at the end of the day it's what you think looks best for your tank :)

hey. Yeah, it is very pink. but it is designed to show up the colours of the fish and does it extremely well. My light is not going to be for plants btw.

I will see if my lfs has arcadia.

I know it has the aqua glo and sun glo. these any good?

Most reactions

Back