Greetings

SarahBravo

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi people!

Long time no talk! Used to be a very frequent visitor here, with at one point 24 tanks, everything from a Malawi setup to bettas. Sold them all off over the last couple of years, but the bug is getting to me again, and I bought a 40 litre tank and a betta last week and already thinking I need to set up a planted tank and put 50 cardinals in it!!!

Just wanted to say 'hi' and see if people could advise what bottom dwellers might get on with the betta.

:)

Sarah

well I dont believe they would get aggressive, but Im not expert on them... but any species of cory would be nice to fill up the bottom.

By the way.. love the icon... loved the commercial when I first saw it a few yrs back

Ox :good:

I'm also looking to get a betta and have been advised that cory's do well with them :D

Harlequins are also meant to get on quite well but having a group of those in there too is prob a little too much.

Good luck and look forward to seeing piccies.

Yep cories are the way to go and I see no problem with some rasboras in there too :)

In a tank that small I would be going for one of the smaller cories or even one of the pymies. That way you could get enough of them to have some good activity from them. As you probably know, they are better in groups.

Yes, as oldman47 says, pygmies may be a good option. MW recently advised me that there were 3 varieties, one of which are middle swimmers and the other two are bottom swimmers (forget the names.)

Yes, as oldman47 says, pygmies may be a good option. MW recently advised me that there were 3 varieties, one of which are middle swimmers and the other two are bottom swimmers (forget the names.)

habrosus, hastatus and pgymaeus

it's one of the 'h' ones which is a mid-water swimmer.... can't remember which!

The hastatus are the mid level swimmers. Wouldn't you know I have the habrosus instead. They are also good at moving around the tank and being playful but they favor the lower levels a bit more.

Most reactions

Back