Green Water

fredbygrace

Reaction score
a friend of mine (I'm serious, it really is a friend who has this problem, not just me trying to not sound stupid! :lol: ) has a 10 gallon with 2 neons, a glow light, a rainbow shark and a otocinculus. no live plants and a aqua tech power filter. I don't know any more water parameters. but the problem is that his water turns completely green. there's no visible algae growth on the glass or anything, the water just gets very dark and green. he adds stress zyme from time to time but that's about it. any thoughts????

Tell him (sure, sure... :p ) to change his water more often, feed a bit less and cut his light time a bit. That should help.

And here I am striving for green water.

Having the same problem myself just now, been the last few weeks.

Hit me all of a sudden, still trying to shift it but getting there slowly.

As already mentioned I've cut back on lighting and doing water changes every few days, deffo helping.

Check how much stress stuff they are adding they me be putting too much in and discolouring the water, happened to a mate of mine who was new to fish and misread (replace misread with probably didnt read the label) and put too much in and his water went totally green and you could barely see the fish.

Most reactions

Back