Green Tiger Barb

silicon

Reaction score
Hi all, my first post,

I have a new 20g tank with 6 green tiger barbs, all is well, i was just wondering what realistic size these fish get too, i have read 2.5-3" - is this possible and if so what is the best way to achieve their maximum size, anything in particular???

Cheers,

Mark

Those quoted sizes are about adverage, but they could potentialy get to 4 inches. Numerous things effect their final adult size, but the short list that make to biggest changes are tank size, genetics (size of parents) and tank maintanance. A good sized tank, with mid to large weekly water changes will give them best chance of reaching their full potential. There is little to be done about genetics, so this is one to forget about for all realistic porposes :good:
Mass bread fish are usualy smaller, as they are becoming in-bread. IMO if you can find a local breeder for any fish, you will get better quality, than in most LFS, who import their fish from intensive fish farms in Malasia

HTH
Rabbut

Thanks Rabbut, What are peoples thoughts on Kribensis and dwarf gouramis with tiger barbs? I have a shoal of 6 green tiger barbs.

CHeers

Mark

Most reactions

Back