Green Bubble Tip Anemone

bg7003

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Will agold banded maroon clown host in a green bubble tip?

Yeh it should do, but there is a chance with any clown that they will not host in any type of Anemone. I have never known a maroon not host though and i think that they are the most willing to host if i remenber correctly. :good:

They are very willing hosts (maroons...) so your chances are good. As mentioned though, nothing is ever a certainty in this hobby :)

Ok thanks. I found a really nice one for only $20. Some guy is breaking down his tank. So I'm going to look into that. How about frogspawn coral? will the maroon go in there?

It is possible fr a maroon to host in a frogspawn given a bit of time and with no other available host, but there is a chance that the clown could damage the coral. An anemone would be the better choice as they form a symbolic relationship with a clown.
Bubble tips are the easiest to keep given good lighting and water quailty but i have had great success with carpets, malu's and Crispa anemones. Just stay clear of a ritteri anemone as some shops do advertise them as the true clown amemone which is complete rubbish for an aquarist to be told. :good:

Good luck and keep me informed with some pictures :D

Sorry to jump on the thread with a different question but it is somewhat related.

Once a clown (in my case a perc) picks something to host does it ever change its mind and will then start to host something else later on (assuming what it was originally hosting is still there)?

I think it does happen as i have two percs hosting in my crispa, but when i had my elegance coral the male perc sometimes semi-hosted in it. This may have been due to a bit of falling out between the two though.

Ok got a green bubble anemone. Kinda small but as soon as i put him in my clow immediatly went into it. Its looking pretty good. A little stringy though. I;m afraid to put my hand in the tank near it. (the clown attacks me) I'll post some pics soon.

ok, i guess you can't add images on this one so, here's a link to them

http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/photo-main.php/23727
http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/photo-main.php/23730
http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/photo-main.php/23729

Sorry about the blurry clownfish.. He just couldn't sit still. I have had the anemone in the tank for two days now? I placed him right where he's attached now. Guess he's happy ha ha. The guy i bought him from said he split off from his bigger one, and it almost looks like he's gonna split again. Cant exactly see the mouths though... Tell me what you think.

Looks really small, definitely a recent split. Do your best to keep it healthy and hopefully it will thrive :)

upload your photos to photobucket and then just copy the link under the photo and paste it into your message :good:

Hope the nem does well

Seffie x

:fish:

Ok thanks! Im doing everything i can to keep em healthy. My clown fed him some flakes today.

Most reactions

Back