Great New Tank Pics Included

chrisquinn12

Reaction score
Hi there. I just got my new tank. A 270L Made bu Aqua One. I think they are an Aussie company????Pls see pics. Its great except I'm not convinced about the hood. If I want to feed or stick my hand in its a hassle. My other small tank has a small flap that lifts up but this one has the filter assembly on one half. Impossible to move...And the lights on another piece. The lights can be lifted up and turned on it side or removed but its quite heavy and doesn't have any hinge...

Does any1 else have this style of tank? I would really love some hints or suggestions....
DSC04889.jpg
DSC04888.jpg

Its basicly just bad design of the hood i'm afraid, ive looked at these in the shop and from what i can see the only way to get access for maintainance is to completely remove the front section with the lighting bars, which of course then leaves you with no light to see what you are doing.

Even the new ones have their problems... I just got a new tank by AquaOne... It does have a hatch to feed etc. The only thing is it drips like no-ones business. It has the same kind of design as yours on the top for the filter, but I have found it drips down the back... I only found this out when the wooden stand it came with started to bow!!!!!

Most hacked off, because it's not the back that did it... it was the front!

Still here is the pic on mine......

tank2.jpg

And if it helps... Apart from feeding I normally find myself taking off the unit with the lights to do anything.

Ok..Ive conceded that I will feed through the gap in the middle. And turn the top part over for fishing out leaves etc....Bit of a hassle but I spent a lot of money buying it and setting it up so I will have to make the best of it....

Most reactions

Back