Great Flowerhorn Food+How To Get It

Status
Not open for further replies.

CichliNoob

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I am a Flowerhorn geek, no i am not Asian! But I have observed from feeding my (red dragon) Brown Anoles that they increase there growth noticibly, I feed my King Kamfa pellets and he is the same age and has not grown nearly as much as the Red Dragon. I live in Florida and these lizards can be found throughout Florida commonly. I caught at least 10 in an hour, I caught them in my backyard.

I used red wrigglers as a conditioning treat and a member of one of my other forums informed me she lost almost her entire stock of discus (to cammalanus I believe)-I have been told to stick with aquatic proteins. Land based proteins have a lot of risk associated with using them...parasites, bloat, and digestive issues,that sort of thing. I'm sure you're not JUST feeding your fish lizards but even as an occasional snack I can't see why it would be worth the risk. their digestive tracts were only really meant to handle aquatic protein. -and I have observed that even feeder fish tend to bleach out the fish you're feeding them to -stick with pellets and wafers leave the lizards alone, you're not doing your fish any favors

Nope I feed them on a strict diet of mealworms, color enhancements, and lizards. 1 lizard per 3 days. I don't believe that they were only meant to eat aquatic protein, worms aren't aquatic yet almost every single new world cichlid eats them, what about mealworms? Texas cichlids aren't close relatives to flower horns and they occur in the wild and they eat lizards! So when I am trying to help you don't come up on my thread telling me how to do thing

Wo, wo wo, i think we should calm down a little haha there may be problems with feeding anoles because they may have pesticides or something you cant see in their skin, or if they eat a dead bug that died from pesticide, this is secondary consumption of posion, which is not good for fish at all.

I feed mealworms to my nandus nandus, because this is all they eat, they are harder for fish to digest that is my only complaint, but you can gut load them on almost anything you choose even fish food.

We need to remember that all comments need to remain civil towards other members, even if you disagree with the advice being given.  Rudeness will not be tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back