Gravel

kittylover63

Reaction score
I need help, this is the first time that I want to change my gravel and I need to know what the best way to get it out of the tank is?

Syphon most of it out with a wide bore pipe, like a piece of hose; that wll also remove a lot of the mulm that'll be stuck in there. Then use an old colander, or ice cream tub to scoop the rest out.

Syphon most of it out with a wide bore pipe, like a piece of hose; that wll also remove a lot of the mulm that'll be stuck in there. Then use an old colander, or ice cream tub to scoop the rest out.
Thank you, I will try and siphon it out, it is new tank so no muck yet. Just don't like the brown color. :)

I've just changed mine and I used an old fish netter to get mine out as my syphon won't suck up gravel. Takes time and it's messy but it's worth it if you don't like what's in there.

+1 on the old netter my syphon won't suck it up either I just used my good ol hands and the netter

I've just changed mine and I used an old fish netter to get mine out as my syphon won't suck up gravel. Takes time and it's messy but it's worth it if you don't like what's in there.
Thank you was going to try siphon today, but I will try old net first. Thank you again both of you :D

Most reactions

Back