Gravel To Sand

Liz1993

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
can i put sand on top of my gravel or will i have to take all the gravel out first? my gravels not deep at all. also will it make my water cloudy or harm my fish?

You should take the gravel out first, as the stones will eventually come to the surface and it wont look nice. You also need to realy realy wash the sand before you put it in the tank. Keep washing it until the water runs clear :good:

like FISH ADDICT just said wash wash wash the sand when you think its washed wash it some more i changed mine from gravel to sand at the weekend i remove all the gravel first then added my sand which i thought was washed but not enough now i think as my tank clouded up quite bad . sand is def the way forward though

Worse than what Noahs ark6 says is that a mix of various sizes of aggregate is exactly what is used to make a nice solid gravel road. The smaller particles fall down between the larger particles and the compacted mix can be almost as solid as a rock bed. So called road pack is just exactly that, it is a mix of various sizes of rock particles. It is a very good mix for a road but I would not recommend it for a substrate.

Most reactions

Back