Grammar patrol

By trick, I didn't mean a "mind trick".

If you guys are really interested in this, there's a 100+ post thread on this very same issue on one of the back pages.

After reading the rest of these post I will add, apostraphies don''t annoy me, It's people righting like "wut r u doin? Dis is stupid, lets do dat" :D

think! summed up what it means is what the people on here are bothered about we know is fish, and the topic is oddballs so who ever is interested in oddballs is going to know where to find it.

and i am sorry no offence meant but i came on here to talk about fish i was never any good at school with spelling and english and stuff like that you are supposed to learn so like i say no offence but i dont really care about spelling but like i say that is just my thoughts, and no doubt they will differ between people as previous posts show.

take care everyone hopefully chat soon :p

R3GG said:
I think it's ok to let punctuation slip a little but when i c ppl ritin lik dis i get slightly annoyed, if you speak English you should write it properly.
if you speak English you should write it properly.
That should read
if you speak English then you should write it correctly :D
but who's judging?

Sometimes things get carried away. Oh well. This might still drag on, but don't worry about it. It's a very old debate (though it's very one-sided IMO).

dwarfs said:
After reading the rest of these post I will add, apostraphies don''t annoy me, It's people righting like "wut r u doin? Dis is stupid, lets do dat" :D
yes that really annoys me. it also makes me think the person writing like that is stupid.

personally, i dont like apostropes or capital letters. i only capitalize words that have to do with God.

Max Action said:
All bad spellers will spend eternity roasting in the pits of Hell.

It's true.
:alien: :/ Since when does bad spelling make you a bad person ? :no: :grr: illiterate , yes , but bad enough to go to hell , na .

:grr: nit pickers , :nod: yes them , they may find it kind of warm in eternity. :p :nod:

" Don't forget the sun block " :lol:

Now let's talk about fish .

Tell that to the people who have trouble spelling [ it being a joke ], not the lazy people , the people that do the best they can .

I was joking also, about the sun block . ;)

who cares about grammer. if it were a required rule to be all proper and such, then yes grammer would count, but it doesnt, this is a forum, its supposed to be fun to come and talk about your fish or whatever, you shouldnt have to worry about people getting all upset because of spelling/grammer.

Oddball said:
Heh even me as an english student dosen't really care! Nor did i spot it! besides what does this really have to do with fish keeping?
"Even I as an English student don't really care" is what you meant to say, right? ;) ...or even better - "Even as an English student, I don't really care". :p

parker313 said:
Oddball said:
Heh even me as an english student dosen't really care! Nor did i spot it! besides what does this really have to do with fish keeping?
"Even I as an English student don't really care" is what you meant to say, right? ;) ...or even better - "Even as an English student, I don't really care". :p
" Well Read " and "Well said" :nod: You too WRS

Got any oddballs ...............Go fish !!!

:rolleyes: This is quite a funny thread, guys. I think we're just letting off some heat in this one. -_- :rolleyes:

Bomag said:
think! summed up what it means is what the people on here are bothered about we know is fish, and the topic is oddballs so who ever is interested in oddballs is going to know where to find it.

and i am sorry no offence meant but i came on here to talk about fish i was never any good at school with spelling and english and stuff like that you are supposed to learn so like i say no offence but i dont really care about spelling but like i say that is just my thoughts, and no doubt they will differ between people as previous posts show.

take care everyone hopefully chat soon :p
Agreed, as long as the advice is sound, what does it matter?

I am quite a good speller but when it comes to typing, if I'm trying to do something quickly, mistakes happen!

I would never have a go at a person just because they can't spell . If your rushing you do spell words wrong,there's no harm in it,I think everyone does it sometimes. Text talk is entirely different if I've been rushing I use ,u,r,ur, but its just occasionally and its readable.

I've had enough of english,I'd rather talk fish :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back