Gouramis

willis_881

Reaction score
are all gouramis somewhat agressive or are dwarf gouramis ok for a community tank?

The dwarf, honey, pearl, and Colisa fasciata gouramis aren't aggressive, although I would have to say to steer clear from the dwarves :no: They are usually unhealthy and diseased. Honey gouramis however only get 2 inches, are a bright orange/yellow, and aren't aggressive (mine aren't) The colisa fasciata get's a bit bigger and to me, looks like an elongated neon gourami that isn't diseased. These may be more aggressive though :)

thanks. I seem to be torn on weather i sohuld go for a community tank or a semi aggressive tank with tiger barbs . its a 30 g.

would the blue gourami or gold gourami go well with tiger barbs? if so that would be great :D

Never kept TBs, although I believe that if you have enough (6-7) they don't nip other fish :) They might tear apart a slow moving long finned fish like a gourami though, to tempting :p

I would have to agree with dwarfs with regard to dwarf gouramis being un-healthy. I have had 3 red and blue neon gouramis which have all died due to what I now beleive to be bacterial infections. My female dwarf gourami has a ulcer on her head (bacterial) and I think that the rest of my tank is now infected (currently treating).

I have lost lots of fish now so I won't be buying any more dwarf gouramis. Instead I think I would prefer a dwarf cichlid like a krib as these are also very colourful and go well in a community tank.

Si

I have 2 honey-red gouramis in my community tank and they are not aggressive. These fish will even take food from my hand. They are a lovely colour and have always been docile with the other fish.

Most reactions

Back