Gouramis-trichogaster

love4aquatic

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i have a male and female gourami, they are the same species but one is gold and one is blue.

they are in a 55 gallon, will they fight too much? will they be okay?

Are you talking about male and female Dwarf Gouramis? Any chance of pics for the real gourami experts? FWIW I have 2 Dwarf Gouramis, a pair of Royals that were sold as a pair, the male is deep blue with red barring and the female is very silvery/gold. They don't fight, but may be irrelevant.

Hi love4aquatic:)

Your male is the same species, and this coloration is called Opaline. They can be very aggressive toward the females of the species. If you are lucky, they won't bother any other fish you might have in the tank, but don't count on it.

Your male is the same species, and this coloration is called Opaline. They can be very aggressive toward the females of the species. If you are lucky, they won't bother any other fish you might have in the tank, but don't count on it.

thanks!! so do i need more females to add to the group? is my girl going to be stressed to much? i am worried about her!! :unsure:

how many more should i buy?

thanks!! so do i need more females to add to the group? is my girl going to be stressed to much? i am worried about her!!

how many more should i buy?

Well, if you add more females, you run the risk of him chasing them too. If you want peace, try to exchange him for another female. They get along well and often will be seen swimming together like this:

01-17-083all3.jpg

i cant exchange him....i love him...and also they were sold as female bettas at the store!! :rolleyes:

my tank is 55 gallons, lots of plants.....floaters are lotus,waterlily, and pennywort,....chance of babies? -_-

They could breed in there, but it's not likely any of the fry will survive. They are bubble nest builders and are very tiny and fragile when they have just hatched. Like bettas, they have labyrinths that require warm, moist air while they are developing, so a separate tank is necessary. The three females pictured above are sisters that my gouramis spawned.

Most reactions

Back