Gouramis And Angel Fish

I had two angles in a 55 litre tank for three years and they seemed happy and without any problems. But angel fish should be the last addition to a tank because they're territorial.
Adam, your tank is too small for angel fish - please don't add any more.

Opinions, Opinions, Opinions.

54 litres... Off the top of my head, about 15 US galls?

Meaning, the tank probably isn't that tall. Angel fish have the potential to grow quite large and need a deep tank to accommodate them fully, and be housed according to their potential adult size - like all fish. As territorial fish, they also need length to the tank if they are to be kept in numbers.

Opinion? No, not really, just basic measuring skills.

Of course it's an opinion, there are no rules when it comes to stocking a tank, no Aquarium Police, he can put it in if he wants.

Of course he can. He could put an oscar in there if he felt so inclined. But he asked for advice and has been given it. The advice I've given is not based on me not wanting him to add an angel for MY benefit, but for the benefit of the fish. I gain nothing if he agrees with me, I lose nothing if he doesn't. The fish suffer, not me.

If you disagree and can give me a reasoned explanation as to why a tank that size can house multiple angels without causing stunting, I would like to hear it.

Given that you say so yourself above that the tank is likely too small, it seems you're just picking for a disagreement - not interested.

Of course he can. He could put an oscar in there if he felt so inclined. But he asked for advice and has been given it. The advice I've given is not based on me not wanting him to add an angel for MY benefit, but for the benefit of the fish. I gain nothing if he agrees with me, I lose nothing if he doesn't. The fish suffer, not me.

If you disagree and can give me a reasoned explanation as to why a tank that size can house multiple angels without causing stunting, I would like to hear it.

I dont think im going to put an oscar in there to be honest, and ive taken your advice, and i look forward to getting it again, and that applys to everyone

I dont think im going to put an oscar in there to be honest, and ive taken your advice, and i look forward to getting it again, and that applys to everyone

triple post, dodgey internet, sorry.

Of course you won't, you're sensible, and I was exaggerating :)

Of course you won't, you're sensible, and I was exaggerating :)

haha yeah i guessed :p thanks again.

2 those who are interested -

i got today 2 golden gouramis and 2 3 lined corys and 2 assasain snails :)

very pleases

I'm so sorry to say....... Again that those fish are not suitable for you tank gold gouramis can get 6 inches long, each and your tank cannot handle that

I'm so sorry to say....... Again that those fish are not suitable for you tank gold gouramis can get 6 inches long, each and your tank cannot handle that

thanks for the advice

i meant i had honey gouramis, very little fellas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_Gourami

and according to this, i should be fine.

thanks anyway :)

Yes, hopefully honeys will work ok in the tank. They do best in a small group of 1 male to 2 or more females.

Also, corys need to be in groups, 2 is not enough.

Yes, hopefully honeys will work ok in the tank. They do best in a small group of 1 male to 2 or more females.

Also, corys need to be in groups, 2 is not enough.

okay thanks, and i will look into getting a couple more corys, but money is tight but in the next few weeks i will get them

Most reactions

Back