Gourami With Sore Head

jez2102

Reaction score
my female gold gourami has a reddish patch on her head, which is slightly swollen, and the scales are slightly raised. she seems fine and shes eating well, doesn't even seem to notice it. any ideas? thanx

How big is the tank? How long has it been running? And what are the water readings(ammonia, nitrite, nitrate). This could be many different things, probably parisitic or bacterial. Is there anyway you can get a couple pictures.

Bad bacteria infection.
Get going with a bacterial med fast, do you mean the scales are stick up on the red patch area, or all over the body,

just on the red bit. i had my levels tested at lfs and they said it was fine. which bacterial stuff do you reccomend? is it the blue stuff? i've never had this sort of thing before but i've had the gouramis for ages and would be upset if she dies. she still doesn't seem to notice. i'll try to get a picture.

Anti internal bacteria med by interpet.
But once bacteria infections have advanced hard ot cure with the interpet med.
Good luck.

You should really get a test kit for yourself (the kind you drop in) API is reccommended.
Also, dont trust any LFS when they say "fine". numbers help greatly. their fine and our fine is totally different.
I agree, to treat right away. Sounds bacterial.

im working full time at the mo its really hard to finish in time to get to a shop, but i've been using some "disease clear" i was given and it seems to be clearing up. her scales aren't standing up as much anymore, but i'll try to get some bacterial treatment asap and some photos.

Most reactions

Back