Gourami Tank!

grumpymole

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi a few weeks ago my oscras died :angry:
so my wife moved the community fish into the 50g
and i set up a gourami tank in the 80!(finaly, after much preparaing and waiting)
they are so pretty, i love them already, i was just wondering if i could add a few cories:
i have:
3 Golden Gourami
3 Blue Gourami
3 Pearl Gourami
thanks.
EDIT: cant forget the pleco!

A few corys? I would say couple of schools of them! Are the gouramis tolerating each other? If they are then congrats, usually gouramis tend to bully eacother. Not always but usally, grumpy guys they are..

Fine sand substrate is preferable for corydoras. As gouramis live in pretty high temperatures, I would recommend corydoras sterbai or/and panda corys.

A few corys? I would say couple of schools of them! Are the gouramis tolerating each other? If they are then congrats, usually gouramis tend to bully eacother. Not always but usally, grumpy guys they are..

Fine sand substrate is preferable for corydoras. As gouramis live in pretty high temperatures, I would recommend corydoras sterbai or/and panda corys.
They are tolerating each other as mostly they grew up with eachother, already got sand, and temp is 82/28 (is this ok or do they like hotter?)
and i was thinking pandas, though didnt know what sterbai looked like, however a google later- cool good ideas thanks!

Imo sterbai is the most beautiful corydoras there is- and they are fairly easy to spawn. My other favourite is Corydoras trilineatus- you might want to check that too.

They are tolerating each other as mostly they grew up with eachother, already got sand, and temp is 82/28 (is this ok or do they like hotter?)
and i was thinking pandas, though didnt know what sterbai looked like, however a google later- cool good ideas thanks!

You could comfortably add 6-8 pandas into your 80. :) Good luck with the new tank. :thumbs:

Hi tetrafan :)

Why do you have the temperature so high? Gouramis don't need it up anywhere near that temperature.

There are very few species of corydoras that could tolerate that temperature. Sterbai and gossei are a couple of them, but pandas are completely out of the question.

Why do you have the temperature so high? Gouramis don't need it up anywhere near that temperature.

There are very few species of corydoras that could tolerate that temperature. Sterbai and gossei are a couple of them, but pandas are completely out of the question.
really?
i thought that gouramis liked quite high temppurature, what kind of tempurature would they prefere?

Here's a link you might find informative:

http://gouramis.info/

I still have some gouramis in my cory tanks, and I keep the temperature around 75-76 degrees. At this level, there are many fine corys for you to choose from. :D

Most reactions

Back