Gourami fry???

samthefishman

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i was looking at my bubble nest just b4 and noticed this tiny little fish... he dont look like a gourami (hes bout 2cms), but he must be. I move his nest round alot, because he goes syco if any fish go near it, and i dont want that to happen.
But yeah, why is there only one?

:) if there is only one left then the other fish in the tank could have eaten them. did you see the male and female spawn. im not sure but i think the male loses interest after a while and may even eat them.

i am thinking it been in there for some time now. He kept makin bubbles nests and i kept destroying them.
Obviously the near dead gourami is the female... never saw them spawn tho.
i havent seen him today, who knows what happend to him, doesnt really both me... i didnt want them to breed. Just want a good comunity tank.

samthefishman said:
...Obviously the near dead gourami is the female... never saw them spawn tho.
i havent seen him today, who knows what happend to him, doesnt really both me... i didnt want them to breed. Just want a good comunity tank.
Hi samthefishman

Why is the female anywhere near the nest if she has finished spawning? Don't you know she is supposed to be removed right afterward so she can rest and recover, not to mention avoid being attacked by the male?

Of course, if they haven't spawned, there is obviously something else wrong with her. It might be a good idea to find out just what it is.

If you care about these fish, do something! :grr: :-(

It sounds odd that your gourami would spawn and only law one eggs, considering a well conditioned pearl gourami can lay up to 2000 eggs!

i havent seen him today, who knows what happend to him, doesnt really both me...

If thats your attitude, i suggest you find another hobby. Is it your fault that they're being kept in sutible conditions and have a urge to breed?

Most reactions

Back