Got My Extinguisher - Now What?

I'm sure it not a good thing with a 170bar reading, how long has the system been running at this level?

Peter, how did you get on with the FE and Aquamas reg? I'm thinking of buying a reg from aquamas or luna pets for my new tank and fit it to a FE from the sharp edge as i have a diffuser already and it will work out cheaper than buying a full system.

I'm still using my local FE (the Sharp Edge one is in the cupboard ready).
It fitted the reg like a glove.

The only problem I had after that were leaks from one of the fibre rings on the solenoid.
It's all going great now.

On the Sharp Edge one:
Despite it being advertised as new, I got a reconditioned one.
It was also taller and thinner than the FE on the webpage
Just something to be aware of.
:rolleyes:

The sweets were Cola Bottles :drool:
Peter

I've just ordered an extinguisher from the Sharp Edge so I'll be interested to see how it turns out. It may seem a silly question, but when you say you had a CO2 leak from the fibre washers, how did you know that you had a leak? Thks terry

found somewhere that will refill 2kg for £5 plus VAT (so £5.88).

Any clues on where? I've been looking for a supplier for ages and while Preston is a little out of my way I'd be worth the trip.

Cheers

I've just ordered an extinguisher from the Sharp Edge so I'll be interested to see how it turns out. It may seem a silly question, but when you say you had a CO2 leak from the fibre washers, how did you know that you had a leak? Thks terry

Use very soapy water to coat your reg, solenoid, NRV, etc.
If you have a leak you should see bubbles.
Do this a few times over an hour or so.

Do not over tighten.
If in doubt strip it and re-assemble.

HTH

Peter

I did a search bu couldnt find a thread giving instructions to set thi up. I have been dying to get a pressurized CO2 system for my tank because the DIY levels vary so much. Is there a thread with step by step instructions listing everything you need? If not would anyone want to assemble a post like that? Either way I think this thread should get stickied!

HELP - got my Fire Extinguisher (gas bottle) from The Sharp Edge, connected up and all was fine for about 30 seconds, then the bubbles stopped and i noticed that the Working Pressure Gauge had dropped to zero and no matter how far i opened the main valve it remains at zero. The bottle pressure is still showing 50 bar plus. I think it must be something to do with the regulator. Emailed the German supplier last evening but of course its the weekend!! Anyone know anything about regulators??? or got any other ideas? Terry

I did a search bu couldnt find a thread giving instructions to set thi up. I have been dying to get a pressurized CO2 system for my tank because the DIY levels vary so much. Is there a thread with step by step instructions listing everything you need? If not would anyone want to assemble a post like that? Either way I think this thread should get stickied!

Here you are
see page four near the bottom onwards

Peter

Here you are

Peter

Thanks 2pods! Yer the man! :good:

Here you are

Peter

Thanks 2pods! Yer the man! :good:

nah, thank Dave Spencer for putting it up :nod:

Peter

Most reactions

Back