Got a new betta has weird lumps on head

Kingsnorky

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well when I was geting stuff for my betta with HITH, I looked by the bettas saw a pretty littel female betta, had to have her but she has lumps on her head, any ideal what they are, and how to treat?

fishielump6ul.png

fishielumptwo0ti.png

How weird!! Looks like melanistic tumors to me :blink: :dunno:

Synirr said:
How weird!! Looks like melanistic tumors to me :blink: :dunno:
[snapback]879539[/snapback]​

I thought it looked like tumors to.

I've been looking at her, it seems to not bother her.

EDIT: Quouted wrong thing. xD

As long as they don't inhibit breathing, they look OK to live with. Very odd though, you boght her like that? I would of thought most shops would flush fish like that.... Ah well, she has a good home now :)

I just remembered, I actually saw a male with the same thing at my local Walmart a while back, but he only had one tumor. It looked very thickly coloured as compared to his normal skin, kinda like a huge mole. I agree with OohFeeshy that it seems like a fish like that would get culled, but I guess some slip through the cracks sometimes.

OohFeeshy said:
As long as they don't inhibit breathing, they look OK to live with. Very odd though, you boght her like that? I would of thought most shops would flush fish like that.... Ah well, she has a good home now :)
[snapback]879549[/snapback]​

She was to cute I couldn't of helped buying her, and its like she doesn't even notices them.

Synirr said:
I just remembered, I actually saw a male with the same thing at my local Walmart a while back, but he only had one tumor. It looked very thickly coloured as compared to his normal skin, kinda like a huge mole. I agree with OohFeeshy that it seems like a fish like that would get culled, but I guess some slip through the cracks sometimes.
[snapback]879561[/snapback]​

Interesting, she was from Walmart.

Does look like moles doesn't it?

I was just going to make a post about a female betta of mine who seems to have some kind of growth on her face too. Gradually it's become thicker (kinda like a scab but not crusty) and it's turned blackish. I've had her for 6-7 months now though and it doesn't seem to bother her. I was thinking of euthanizing her at first because I thought my other girls would catch it but my boyfriend said tumors/moles can't spread to other fish :*)

Elisabeth83 said:
I was just going to make a post about a female betta of mine who seems to have some kind of growth on her face too. Gradually it's become thicker (kinda like a scab but not crusty) and it's turned blackish. I've had her for 6-7 months now though and it doesn't seem to bother her. I was thinking of euthanizing her at first because I thought my other girls would catch it but my boyfriend said tumors/moles can't spread to other fish :*)
[snapback]879581[/snapback]​

Weird this must be a sorta common thing.

Most reactions

Back