Got A Free Fish From Petsmart

wendywc thats what mine looks like except not as dark and doesnt have a gonopodium(SP) which if that is what i have it would be female but it doesnt have those black spots like a female livebeaer. trance2006 thanks for the suggestion but ive already looked there and couldnt find anything that looked similar.

Okay, does it look like this female then? If not this, I give up. But you might want to search for lesser common livebearers.

female_brachyrhaphis_roseni.jpg

Male Endlers livebearer?

Endlers2.jpg

Other than that possibly a tetra, but i know none with a zig-zag stripe...

Ben

Aren't endlers -- guppies?
There's debate. They haven't been given a scientific name yet, and I assume they will not be given one until it can be decided whether or not they are a true species all their own or simply a guppy subspecies :)

I think Endlers are closely related to guppies, and I have been told by some people (although whether it is true or not i don't know), that guppies were bred from endlers like the one in the previous post and like this one which is comonly known as the "wild" guppy (Poecilia reticulata)

24-56.jpg

Ben

That's one nice thing about Petsmart. They'll give you free livebearer fry, or sell or give you oddballs mixed in with other fish cheap.

Most reactions

Back