Good Tanks For A Single Betta

Pidgecbr600rr

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Been searching for a nice tank for a betta for the last week, there doesnt seem to be much choice so far in small tanks around the 20litre mark, can anyone make sugestions?

Also alot of small tanks have a mirrored back, is this a good idea for a betta?

Been searching for a nice tank for a betta for the last week, there doesnt seem to be much choice so far in small tanks around the 20litre mark, can anyone make sugestions?

Also alot of small tanks have a mirrored back, is this a good idea for a betta?

I'd say a plain 10 gallon, though mine is in a hex, 10 gallons are cheaper :) I would not go with mirrored, my friend had one and the poor betta spent the whole time attacking his reflection and not eating, he died after a week :( May have been ill, but I suspect the mirror didn't help.

I second getting a 10 gallon; it's very common and a bigger tank for a betta will be easier to maintain... plus with a 10 gallon, you could even get 3 cories in with it or maybe a couple of apple snails or something.

+1 on not getting mirrored back too. I had a background on my betta's tank that I had to remove after a couple of days. It wasn't mirrored, but I guess it was glossy enough for hime to flare at all the time. Definately no good.

Aquaone do a nice little set up for about £40, which includes, light heater and filter. It works out at about 28 litres and will be plenty big enough for a Betta. Try Maidenhead Aquatics as they generally have them in stock plus you get a choice of a few different colours. :good:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Complete-Freshwater-Fi...1QQcmdZViewItem
Hi

I've tried to cut and paste a page from e-bay with an ad for what they claim is a "new Product." It's a glass, 3 gallon rectangle tank with filter and light. Looks interesting. Wondered if anyone knew anything about it--anyone had any experiences with it.

It's called the Pico Tope. Supposed to be for bettas.

-Wendy

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
ive looked at the link. it looks good. but dont bettas jump?

I don't take the risk of jumping bettas :p That tank looks actually pretty good. I wouldn't mind having something like that instead of dividing my 10g into 2 parts :(

my last betta jumped while i was in the process of cleaning. i think it might have been because i transferred him to a smaller container while cleaning his tank, and he decided to go in search of a "pond" that was bigger than the one he was in. unfortunately, all he found was the bathroom counter. *sigh* that or he really hated me as an owner and decided to commit suicide....

anyway. i don't really trust bettas to not jump out of their containers, but maybe if it was big enough and comfortable enough that he didn't want to search for something else, it'd be fine.

Most reactions

Back