Good tankmates for dwarf frogs?HELP!!!!!

Reaction score
my bro has a tank with 2 frogs in it.they eat small fish. large fish eat them.me and my brother are looking for something 2 inches to 4 inches to live with the frogs.we need fish of all levels.his tank is 10 gallons.

Are they African Dwarf Frogs for sure? Or are they African Clawed Frogs? In other words, how big are they, and do they have webbing between the digits on their front limbs?

3 inches is not a african dwarf....it is an african clawed and they will get big and eat lots of fish.

Any chance we could get photos? Preferably with some kind of ruler in the photo, so we can get a good size comparison and recommend a fish that can be kept with them.

yeah these guys are right. if they are eating fish theyre not african dwarfs they are african clawed frogs which will get rather large and eat lots of fish. african dwarf frogs dont eat fish. they eat little worms and shrip and will even eat flakes but not fish.

Ah, well, that's all right.

If the body itself, without legs, is three inches long, then I'm afraid it's not an African Dwarf Frog. It would be an African Clawed Frog, which can get massive and do eat any fish they can fit in their mouth. Your best bet is to keep them alone, or to keep them with slightly larger fish, who can't eat them and who they can't eat. But, really, with that species, they're going to get MASSIVE, and it's better to have a 10 gallon per frog, because they really will get quite large.

well petco said theyre african dwarf frogs right now theyre only about an inch and actually i dont think the frogs ate them i think they died on their own

If they're only about an inch, then you could keep a Betta in with them, or some Guppies or Platies.

What kind of fish do you like? We'll start there. :)

If you have afrcan DWARF frogs after all and your tetras actualy died on their own - you need to figure out why they died. First check your water parameters and then, seeing as you seem to still have on tetra left (right?) start slowly adding more until you have 6 tetras in total + the 3 frogs.

but i need fish from all levels (to balance it out).the tetras im not surprised about-they were rummy nose(very sensitive to water qualty,petco said they were good!!!)

im not exactly sure what i like,i have only had my tank for about 5 months with just 3 rummy nose tetras and for about a month 2 frogs.so i still havent picked favorites.i just need to know some good bottom feeding fish,surface fish,and middle fish,and a combo that will fit in a 10 gallon tank.

Most reactions

Back