Good Real Plants In Betta Bowl?

memder

Reaction score
Hi.

I am thinking of having some real plants in my betta bowl. Does anyone of you know a plant which will adapt well in a non-filtered betta bowl?

Thanks a ton.

Hi.

I am thinking of having some real plants in my betta bowl. Does anyone of you know a plant which will adapt well in a non-filtered betta bowl?

Thanks a ton.

First, I'd have to recommend that you attempt to move your betta from a bowl to a tank that can be heated and has some filtration, if that's not possible though, bamboo does well so long as you only put it in so far that the water does not touch the leaves. If that happens, the plant will die, and your fish's water will get nasty.

I like Java moss myself, it dosnt need alot of light or heat & java fern is also one i have had good luck with.

yeah id go for java ferns or somethin to maybe a floating plant would be nice
:good: scot

Hi
We have recently added Frogbit to some of our tanks. Its a floating plant that looks like a miniture lilly pad. Our bettas love resting amongst its roots. It also grows and multiplys easily :good:

I'm looking to buy some frogbit. I keep reading that it needs a bit of light though...makes me nervous. I've only really had luck with java moss & fern...but they're pretty hardy.

I have java fern, java moss and dwarf anubias in my two tanks. Fish love it!

I'm looking to buy some frogbit. I keep reading that it needs a bit of light though...makes me nervous. I've only really had luck with java moss & fern...but they're pretty hardy.

The frogbit is growing well in all the tanks execpt one, too much movement in that one. In the others its growing under different lighting tubes, from T5 in the aquaone tanks to a small 18 inch sunglo tube. All plants need light of some description though. :good:

:drool: I love parrots feathers, I buy a couple of lumps for my pond and then when I trim it I throw it in the bettas tanks. They love it as it floats along the surface and they can rest their lazy butts!!

Why not try ELODEA, it's easy to grow low light plant, and looks quite nice.

Most reactions

Back