Good mix?

neocyber_16

Reaction score
Hello starting a new 10 g tank. Mostly with fake plants and maybe a couple of floating plants soon. Is this setup all right

5 rasboras
1 female betta
1 male betta
2 dwarf gouramis or 3 platies

need some opions and suggestions ASAP. Thanks.

You migth want to be careful of the platies because from what I have read male bettas go for anything with even slightly extranagent finnage. I have a platy which has a sailfin (mohawk) and I don't think a betta would be very impressed!

I don't know. You could just be careful to choose plainer platies. I have only one sailfin one and the other is just normal. There are also mollies, which are pretty similar but with the same problems if you want a male betta.

:)

i've been reading up on tetras (black widows) and they say that 3 or more is good so instead of a platy a black widow tetra would replace it...

modified list

4 Harlequin Rasbora's
1 male betta
3 black skirt tetras
2 dwarf gouramis

any suggestions, opions etc.. are always helpful..

jobysp said:
Get a couple of Corys for the bottom of the tank.
What type of cory's would be good?? Perferably something relatively small. and will stay that way.

I believe there are something called Pygmy Corys (Corydoras Habrosus) which grow to about 4cms. Most other Corys grow to about 7cms.

Julii also stay pretty small. I think thaty corys would be better than tetra as it's a fairly small tank (IMO) and too many middle/top dwellers will make it seem more crowded.

:)

would it be easier if i have one school of fish rather than two (rasboras and tetras)?

Hi neocyber_16 :)

A 10 gallon tank is small, but with a nice combination of fish, it can be lovely. :nod:

First, let me be sure that you understand about cycling the tank and ask if you plan to do it fishless, or with fish. Your answer will influence what fish you add and the order you put them in.

Most reactions

Back