Good Match?

missigfunk

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm looking at breeding a few of my females.

Do you think this male...

jovi-male5.gif

is a match for my female Jovi?...
(also in my signature)

newarrivals063.jpg

I don't want to sound rude guys, but 10 people have viewed this thread and it's basically a simple YES or NO answer...

i would say yes. with a bit of line breeding, should be able to develop both a yellow line and an MG line. although i'm not a particularly experienced breeder (i have only had 3 spawns and the first was an accident in my sorority tank due to a female impersonator!

Thanks ibble

Like I know they aren't an exact match. I think Jovi is known as a Green Mustard Gas? And the boy is being called a Pineapple.

He is the closest to Jovi that I have found (and I have been searching EVERYWHERE). Do you think I should go for it and get him?

i think he is a very pretty boy, and i would certainly be tempted (although i don't know what he costs!). but only you know if he is worth it to you at the end of the day.

like i said though, i think you would get some good colours, and if you selectively breed back to the parents and siblings, you would hopefully be able to get some good clear colour patterns.

what are you aiming for, or do you just want to try breeding?

both very beautiful, would make great babies :)

you will get a mixed spawn, depending on what you re looking for as in your own line is to whether the fih are a good match, in my opinion i would go for it as i love mg's :good:

Although the end result would be very lovely fry it would be a lot of selective breeding and time to work out the black in the scaling, but a decent start.

Is it just me or does he seem to have a bit of marble in him also??

Although the end result would be very lovely fry it would be a lot of selective breeding and time to work out the black in the scaling, but a decent start.

Is it just me or does he seem to have a bit of marble in him also??

His coloration is actually called pineapple, and it's supposed to have the black in it.

Honestly, I would find a MG male instead. I'm not a huge fan of the pineapple look, and you have such a nice MG female, it'd be a shame not to get her a nice match. It'll still take a couple generations to get a nice MG out of it, but IMO, it'd be much nicer than the male you've posted. I've seen much nicer specimens for a match.

I think that would be a fun match. Certainly would be cool to see the outcome.

I think you might be able to find something a little closer as Constantine said tho.

LOL I saw him too!

And the guy actually messaged me out of nowhere with a website that might have some nice MG's (I had put a 'WANTED' notice on the boards).....sadly there were none in stock! :sad:
I told him too bad he doesn't ship to Aussie. Was a very nice gesture though!

As for what I'm looking for, I'm not exactly sure, but I definately want some lovely colours! I thought Jovi would be the best to try breeding with as a start because everyone seems to think she is lovely, and to be honest, the prettiest of all my females :blush:

If anyone knows of any other people or sites that have MG's and ship to Aussie, I would GREATLY appreciate it if you could send me their emails or links to websites :good: :D

I'm looking at breeding a few of my females.

Do you think this male...

jovi-male5.gif

is a match for my female Jovi?...
(also in my signature)

i think that you hve a very nice match there and should go for it. jovi is lovely and i think the pinapple guy is a stunner too. maybe a match made in a fish tank lol

Most reactions

Back