Good Deal,? Im Thinking So?

FishLuvr

Reaction score
Landlord has a 100+ gallon acrylic tank, with stand, lights, filter, and other accesories for 500, was used as a saltwater tank when he bought it, he had it as a freshwater tank setup in his basement, i seen it filled and stocked so i know no leaks (of course its acrylic so why would there be) anywho, it has a big scratch but its in the back anyway. its also a corner unit. I'm not exactly sure how much it holds, because of it being a corner tank i don't know how to do the measurements so my questions are.

1. 500 for all above included is that a good deal?(im almost betting that's a resounding yes but want to make sure.)

2. how to determine capacity of a tank like that

3. how to buff(if possible) the scratch out

4. how to clean green algae off of an acrylic tank thanks.

I'd say that's a good deal because acrylic tanks are quiteca bit more expensive than glass tanks since they are more durable. The only downside are the scratches which you have already seen one. To my knowledge there isn't a way to buff the scratch out unless there is a way to possibly diy it and heat the acrylic it a smooth it over itself but then you might overheat and melt the tank or create an even more unattractive bubble. I would just cover it up with the heater or use a lighter color background. A darker background could make it stand out like a sore thumb. Are you going planted or plastic? You could use plants, driftwood or some sort or rock to block it from view. But you would have to be careful not to make another scratch with that.

Hope this helps! :fun:

What shape is the tank? Does it have a rounded front or is it a triangle?

Sounds like great deal to me :)

To work out the cpacity; you want to measure the two back sides and the depth and put that into the tank capacity calculator, then just half the answer.

I haven't had an acrylic tank, but my ex works with it a lot and I wouldn't recommend trying to fix the scratch; I'd just disguise it with some decor.

Most reactions

Back