Good combo?

kevy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas of what else would get along with these (and be fun to watch) in a long 20 gallon tank?

3 sword tails (2 female 1 male)
3 mollies ( ^ ^ ) :alien:
3 platies ( ^ ^ )

I have another tank for all their upcoming fry, so that isn't i problem.

Would a single tiger barb be docile enough? And 6 would be overstocking right?

Guppies would be nice!! :D They are colorful, and fun to watch...I have Guppies and Black Lyretail mollies...I would get a trio of guppies 2 females 1 male, if oyu get more make sure there are more females than males, or the male will harasse the only female!!! I had to go out and get another female Molly cause I only had a male and female and the poor female was haraased soo bad :sad: My Male is very aggressive to my female, but the new female has turned the tables on him and doesnt take any of his crap :lol:

:)
Heya,
barbs are best kept in groups of four or more, because they tend to pick and nip at other fish if they dont have other barb companions, we have 2 platys in our community tank with 4 green tiger barbs, and they are oki, but barbs are a bit of a gamble - you cant rely on them being passive, I think its just luck.
any tetras, or harlequin rasboras would be a good combo. smaller - passive, and the same size is my advice.

:thumbs:

Starry^

I would say Guppies are good or a few black skirt tetra(they are cute). If you want to add beauty in your tank, add one male betta. I have Two black skirt tetra, two albino cory, one male guppy(will add more later) and one red male betta. I recently put him in with the others and he is doing fine. I was amaze at how beautiful he is in there(mainly because he is so red).

Just an idea....

I have a group of 3 tiger barbs in my community tank and haven't had any problems with them and my other fish. They stay with themselves for the most part. Zebra Danios would probably be good too, I have 3 danios and one of them seems to forget what kind of fish he is! I have 6 whiteclouds, and he schoals with them just like he one of them and also sometimes swims with my mollies... it's so cute!

Golden barbs are community fish. If u get about 5 or ten they look cool because they school together and swim around the tank. And they add a nice bit of colour (yellow with green blotches).

Most reactions

Back