Good Buy?

ncstater1919

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hey everyone, i currently have a 10 gallon awaurium in my small room and i have been wanting a 20 gallon. at my LFS there is a stnad where you can hold 2 tank one on top and one on the bottem. it is > or = to 50$, then the cost of the 20 gallon, i would put the 20 gallon on top and the 10 on the bottem, i would keep the same set up with the 3 albino cories and 5 glowlites in the 10, what sohudl i have in the 20? Oh, i forgot, it is 80$ for a 20 gallon filter,heater,thermometer,food,conditioner bacteria stater, hood and other small stuff. i was thinknig of livebearers..or mbaye bolivian rams, making the entire price 130$ plus decoration, so probally 145$-155$

Not a good buy, ummm, the 20gallon kit should cost 50bucks, and decorations will cost about 20dollars. Thats about 70bucks. Talk to me on aim because im too tired to write anything more... :X

It really depends on where you're from. :/ I recently priced out a 20g TANK, nothing else, no hood, just a glass box, at $65.

yea, this is a kit with everythnig that you need to start a 20 gallon aqaurium, even like food and conditioner at 80$, the decorations should cost 20$ but i will probally spend around 30$. the the iron stand is around 50$ and it holds 2 tanks. so thats gets me to 150$-160$

Eighty dollars is about average for a 20 gallon kit. Some places like PetsMart you can get kits cheaper but thats because they can buy thousands of kits and get them at discount. Most places have the kits for around eighty bucks though.

Most reactions

Back