Good Beginner Corals

Since I saw Xenia on the list, I thought I would toss out Anthelia as another similarly easy and adaptable softie. Xenia is perhaps the more behaviorally interesting one, but its less-stalky cousins can have a rather nice appearance too when placed in an area that washes back and forth gently.

Bear in mind Xenia WILL sulk and won't start pulsing for a day or two.

This must vary by species/frag/moon phase/etc. The one frag of it I have was practically doing a jig when I took the lid off of the container it had been transported in. It doesn't bop about quite so much in the tank except when I turn the pumps off - then it goes nuts again. Go figure!

Weezawoo you feed most (not all) NPS corals by adding particulate food to the water column.
Tbh I would advise you to stick with a normal reef with the odd nps like suns or chillis, a full nps reef is a constant battle and not for the novice. By novice I do not mean fish keeping experience but experience in keeping azoox corals, I learn new stuff every day and I still struggle :)
Easy corals is good enough for now.

If i buy a chilli coral and it dies i'm blaming you sorgan :p

Weezawoo you feed most (not all) NPS corals by adding particulate food to the water column.
Tbh I would advise you to stick with a normal reef with the odd nps like suns or chillis, a full nps reef is a constant battle and not for the novice. By novice I do not mean fish keeping experience but experience in keeping azoox corals, I learn new stuff every day and I still struggle :)
Easy corals is good enough for now.

Haha not so quick to convert me now ;)

Right I am going to do some coral research at weekend, had some bad news today and just not in the mood atm, lost my interest in researching and reading so apologies for some maybe short replies etc
Thank you for your help on these guys!

Yea it is thanks Lewiss! Just stuff atm getting me down, nearly had to sell me tank, think I may have to sell my planted tank.

Back to corals though :D what kind of paras do I need to see before I can think of adding any?

Most reactions

Back