Goo Obo Gudgeons?

dizzied

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these fish? I haven't been able to find much on Google.

Not much really, just bought one from lfs, he's still in quarantine,
likes blood worms, not so keen on brine shrimp (both frozen)
Seems peaceful enough but will see, eventual home will be a 10 gallon with a bumble bee goby and some unknown sleeper goby (lfs didn't even know what he was)
Will try to keep you posted... :)

man, I wanted goo obos something fierce two years ago. they were hot stuff at the time and Tropical Fish Hobbyist had a cover article on them. I'm not at home to find out the volume, but you might want to try looking on their website--it might be possible to order back issues or read them online.

another excellent resource is Aquarticles.com. I'm not positive but I seem to recall an article being on there about keeping goo obos.

ok, I just paged through all my old topics and can't seem to find where i was asking about goo obos, but I *know* I had at least one conversation about them in Oddballs with a member who no longer frequents the site. sorry I can't find that; I don't want to give you any bad advice so I'm just not going to say anything. :lol:

It's been awhile since my original post..
The LFS stocked the Goo Obos that week, but I haven't seen them since. I came pretty close to impulse-buying them that day, but it's probably better off I didn't.

Hi Dizzied,

How is your Goo obo doing? Do you still have yours? I have been interested in these fish for years and just recently bought some from 2 different sources. I have been trying to find out as much as I can on them, sadly there doesn't seem to be much on the Internet. It would be nice to find other people who have them or have had them so we can share some of our experiences.

Most reactions

Back