Gone Missing!

nickmunro

Reaction score
Hello,

Got a strange query. Basically, I've lost a fish.

I got my tank last week, set it up, let the cycle start then bought a school of Danios at the weekend, 6 to be exact.

All seemed to be fine, little blighters were whizzing round like nobodies business from the word go. Checked them lastnite before I went to bed (around midnight) and again they seemed fine, all there and accounted for.

Heres the strange thing, got up this morning to find I was a fish down!! I checked the whole tank, but could not see it anywhere!!

Now, it's probably safe to say it hasn't sprouted legs and gone for a jolly so is it possible that the other fish have attacked it and eaten it??

It sounds a bit weird to be honest though!!

Help would be great!!!!

hi there, sounds like you are cycling with fish, this is a dangerous process and can easily cause the death of a fish, if a fish dies the other fish will eat the body and often you don't find anything, have a read of the link in my sig 'whats cycling' which should explain whats going on and what you can do to save the rest of your fish.

Have you an open-top tank Nick?

Danios can be pretty good jumpers. Even more so, if they're not comfortable with the water conditions they're in.

Hey there!!

I had a similar experience, although I did find mine eventually. You're not running with a Tetratec Easy Crystal filter are you? Only asking because I have one (good little filter), but it seems a place that certain of my White Clouds like to investigate!!

After checking the whole tank, and still one White Cloud down, there was only one place left to look - inside the filter!! After carefully removing the filter cartridge...lo and behold, there, happily swimming around was one White Cloud!! Not the nicest place to go for a swim I'm thinking, but he seemed fine......and still is. :blink: But he hasn't tried that again since. :hyper: But then, he has doubled in size now!

Just a thought! :good:

Most reactions

Back