Gone Fishing.

Nice fishing their man! I love fishing I never have freshwater fished but I would love to do so some day.

What kind of perch are those...they look differant than any I have seen in the States.

im going fishing all day tomorow :) going with a friend we are leaving at 5:15 and setting up around 5:45. Getting the stove ready. Frying up some sausages and were gna be well away!! Lol anyway. We're going to a place called slaters pit where they have carp to 10LB tench to 4LB etc. Its a lake owned by the council and is practically a dumpoing ground lol. Trlleys etc but me and me mate found a opening to get to the back of the lake. Bit hard with a bivvy etc but we'll manage.. somehow!

Bret

Heh, I myself am also a fisherman, and earlier this year i set myself a personal record: 8.25lb Brown Trout from a nearby lake. The lake is wild and self proliferating, and was caught on fly(yes thats right I am a fly fisherman) The pattern was a smelt fished fast and close to the surface: a wet, not my preferred form of fishing but conditions forced my hand.

Other Major Catches in my career:
25.2kg(55.9lb) Wahoo(A form of tropical Mackerel) Near Fiji on Lure: This fish was caught when i was twelve, and was taller than me(no mean feat, I am quite tall and always have been). It nearly pulled me overboard twice.
16.4kg(36.4lb) Spanish Mackerel In the Gulf of Carpentaria on Lure
15.2kg(33.8lb) Spanish Mackerel " " on Saltwater Fly(I even tied the fly myself, a variation on a pink thing)
35.8kg(79.4lb) Estuary Cod over a metre long from the gulf on Lure

All minus the Wahoo were caught this year.

Ill put up a couple of pics when I get a chance.

well, i went today. Pfft and it wasnt worth the getting up at 5 AM... 1 roach around the 4oz mark gee what a waste of time :p

Bret

this is what i got today when i went
SANY0002.jpg

not bad for 30min he weighed in at 10lb :D

nice carp willtang im off fishing on saturday hopefuly have a few pics to post myself cfc that was some top notch advice there nice one ive never fished for perch although i have caught a few i like to fish for tench my personal best tench is 8lb 4oz also of to thailand in november so will be fishing there hopefuly heep up the good work Dan :good:

this is a nice perch i caught, its a 2lb 4oz perch on double red maggots, under an old fallen down tree, on my local canal.
BIG_PERCH_05_pontnewydd.JPG
soz about the size

and a 6lb 2oz common carp, caught using floating crust, also on a local canal, not huge but quite big for a canal.
carp1.jpg
carp2.jpg

LIVERPOOL!? :wub: So yeah if you happen to be like fishing one day and see Paul McCartney standing next to you, give him my number :hyper:

Most reactions

Back