Gone Fishing.

DanDanUK

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
As some may know by reading my other threads, i was starting up fishing again, well i bought all my equipment and after some sound advice from a friend i went fishing after work for 2 hours as i was tired! and caught 6 perch here's some of the pic's... i was well pleased!

Here's some pic's !!!

The Location ( Leeds & Liverpool canal )
070720060070xt.jpg

The Fish ! starting small
77063qq.jpg

070720060021go.jpg

070720068vb.jpg

070720060010ns.jpg

070720060043ns.jpg

070720060059xy.jpg

070720060066he.jpg

Hope you enjoy these pictures as much as i enjoyed catching the fish :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Good catches ! Im not really a fan of freshwater fishing myself, I prefer sea fishing

Oh, lovely fish! Quite different than the fish we usually see in Holland (now don't ask me what we see, I really can't remember the name).
Never gone sea fishing myself, though it does look like fun. Personally I quite like fishing for carp.

ha, was contemplating a walk down there today, would have run into you!

nice fish anyway :good:

hi as a newbie at fishing id like to know what type of fish is that and what bait did u use ? nice pics btw :)

That is cool 8) I envy you. I only went "fishing" twice. First time I went fishing was in a "private" recreational park pond (you have to pay to get in, hence..."private"). Got myself 5 tiny tilapias using a cotton thread for line and a sharpenned staple wire for hook :rofl: The management didn't like it, I think, coz the next time we went there, there's an "ABSOLUTELY NO FISHING ALLOWED" sign up haahhahahaah!

But yeah. You're so lucky to have a fishing hole near you, there's none by me. :/ Cool fishies, btw. Did you eat them or did you throw them back in?

Heres some more pic's i went this morning again !

Caught 13 in 3 and a half hours 4 roach and 9 perch
090720060011wo.jpg

090720060021al.jpg

Man i love this fishing lark !!!

My tackle was 3lb main line 2lb hook link with a size 18 hook using a 3AAA waggler float on double red maggot, and no i didn't eat them !!!

I kept 2 perch too and i'm gonna add them to my 180gallon !

That is cool 8) I envy you. I only went "fishing" twice. First time I went fishing was in a "private" recreational park pond (you have to pay to get in, hence..."private"). Got myself 5 tiny tilapias using a cotton thread for line and a sharpenned staple wire for hook :rofl: The management didn't like it, I think, coz the next time we went there, there's an "ABSOLUTELY NO FISHING ALLOWED" sign up haahhahahaah!

But yeah. You're so lucky to have a fishing hole near you, there's none by me. :/ Cool fishies, btw. Did you eat them or did you throw them back in?

090720060011wo.jpg

090720060021al.jpg

My tackle was 3lb main line 2lb hook link with a size 18 hook using a 3AAA waggler float on double red maggot, and no i didn't eat them !!!

Really?
wow, isnt your 180 tropical?
they wouldnt surrvive if its that hot, will they?
Cool pics.

090720060011wo.jpg

090720060021al.jpg

Really?
wow, isnt your 180 tropical?
they wouldnt surrvive if its that hot, will they?
Cool pics.

It is yes 68*f is the lowest temp they can survive in 72 is the average here in the UK.

Perch ( Perca fluviatilis ) do exeptionally well in warmer waters they can survive in water temps up to 80*f which is why the australians frown on this particular species of fish they are know as pests they have made them self at home in other country's such as the USA, there quite a hardy fish and can tollerate all kinds of temps.

you do know that Perch are predators right?
also, is the fish not the property of the enviroment agency,
seeing as they are the ones that stock and matain the canal :dunno:

you do know that Perch are predators right?
also, is the fish not the property of the enviroment agency,
seeing as they are the ones that stock and matain the canal :dunno:

Yes and yes ! :p

To be honest with you i'm in 2 minds weather or not to keep them i don't know if they fit in right.

Nice perch.

Remember where there are little perch there are nearly always BIG perch not to far away. Try fishing a whole lobworm on a large hook (14-10 depending on the size of the worm) presentated a couple of inches above the bottom. Cast just a few feet from your own bank, just over the first shelf of the canal, chop a few worms up into 1" sections in a pot and feed these around your float a small pinch every half hour or after each bite. Set yourself up back from the edge so your shadow doesnt show on the water and the fish cant see you against the skyline and wait, just before the light fades in the late evening is the best time. Expect to take perch in the 1lb-3lb bracket and prehaps the odd bonus tench or carp if they are about so go without the hooklength and fish the 3lb line straight through.

Could you show us a pic of them in your tank please?
:good:

Mikey

here in ny state i us a small marabou jig and either a curly tail or a small twister.walleye,northerns,jack perch,carp,and channel cats love em.2 days ago i caught a nice sized tiger muskie on a cheaper rapala copy with a light weight rod and 10 lb test.pulled my canoe around a little.

some nice perch u got there.if u wanna catch em for food rather than sport though id use a multi hook rig.i use a rig i make out of maggot flies which i tie and 3 or 4 seperate lines tied to the end of a barrel swivel(no snap)works like a charm

Most reactions

Back