Goldfish

If I were rich, I'd have a huge wall tank, filled with long tailed shubunkins. Mental image of this tank has tall plants like vallis swaying in the current, maybe some water lily... think an indoor pond, but glass on the side so you get the best view. Have some stunning long tailed shubunkins in my pond, but I wish I could enjoy the look of them from the side, like with my tanks.

Wonder what they're worth? Have a lot of young that I was planning to catch and take to the store in the spring/summer.
I don't know tooo much about the worth of long bodied goldfish, but prices can vary on size. Depending on the coloration, and quality too, i'd say 20-100 dollar range, if you wait till they are at least 5 inches. Also that wall tank, if I were rich I'd have something like that too, sounds so amazing.

the ffish i want is a ranchu goldifhs, how much are they? I haven't seen them in stores, im pretty sure stores in china have more fancy goldifish...
Ranchu goldfish are more rare variety due to the fact that only 20 percent of ranchu offspring are actually ranchu, if you live in the US or Canada GoldfishIsland or Kingkoiandgoldfish have ranchu, good quality too! That's where I get all my goldfish. Ranchu goldfish cost 30-300 dollars, sometimes even more. The fish that get into the hundreds are likely show quality, the average price for a decent to good quality ranchu is 50 dollars. i've never seen Ranchu in local fish stores either. ^^

I don't know tooo much about the worth of long bodied goldfish, but prices can vary on size. Depending on the coloration, and quality too, i'd say 20-100 dollar range, if you wait till they are at least 5 inches. Also that wall tank, if I were rich I'd have something like that too, sounds so amazing.
Ah, thanks for the advice!
I don't know anything about the costs of them either, the parent pair/trio (I can't remember how many) ones were a gift, likely not expensive, but really beautiful fish. I think the long tails add some value, but I'd have to do some research on colouration and values on shubunkins I guess! I'd only planned to give them to the LFS just so the pond doesn't get overcrowded, but this has made me decide to look into what they might be worth before just giving them over, in case they're worth a few quid! I'm sure they won't be worth $100 or anything, but if say, each was worth $50, I'd expect some kind of payment or store credit for them I think.

Ah, thanks for the advice!
I don't know anything about the costs of them either, the parent pair/trio (I can't remember how many) ones were a gift, likely not expensive, but really beautiful fish. I think the long tails add some value, but I'd have to do some research on colouration and values on shubunkins I guess! I'd only planned to give them to the LFS just so the pond doesn't get overcrowded, but this has made me decide to look into what they might be worth before just giving them over, in case they're worth a few quid! I'm sure they won't be worth $100 or anything, but if say, each was worth $50, I'd expect some kind of payment or store credit for them I think.
Yes, your welcome.

Ranchu goldfish are more rare variety due to the fact that only 20 percent of ranchu offspring are actually ranchu, if you live in the US or Canada GoldfishIsland or Kingkoiandgoldfish have ranchu, good quality too! That's where I get all my goldfish. Ranchu goldfish cost 30-300 dollars, sometimes even more. The fish that get into the hundreds are likely show quality, the average price for a decent to good quality ranchu is 50 dollars. i've never seen Ranchu in local fish stores either. ^^
oh no, how about the smaller ones? any $5-10 little ones? what do you mean 20% are only ranchu? like fancy and ranchu goldfish are related?!?!?!?!? that will be very cool

oh no, how about the smaller ones? any $5-10 little ones? what do you mean 20% are only ranchu? like fancy and ranchu goldfish are related?!?!?!?!? that will be very cool
The smaller ones on Goldfishisland are 35 dollars, and thats the smallest price i found. Fancy goldfish are oranda, ranchu, ryukin, any of the double tails, telescopes etc. So yes, ranchu are fancy goldfish, and since ranchu dont have any dorsal fins, only 20 percent of them hatch without dorsal fins. The rest hatch with dorsal fins and or are deformed.

If I were rich, I'd have a huge wall tank, filled with long tailed shubunkins. Mental image of this tank has tall plants like vallis swaying in the current, maybe some water lily... think an indoor pond, but glass on the side so you get the best view. Have some stunning long tailed shubunkins in my pond, but I wish I could enjoy the look of them from the side, like with my tanks.

Wonder what they're worth? Have a lot of young that I was planning to catch and take to the store in the spring/summer.
Check EBay for an idea.

Most reactions

Back