Goldfish Inactivity

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Triton

Reaction score
I have 2 comets in a tub waiting for transfer into a pond. In the tub which is about 30 gallons, they are inactive and just stay at the bottom. I change 25% of the water every two days and feed them once a day. Is there are reason for their inactivity? I treated them with PIMAFIX just in case and the only time they really move is when I approach and they get scared. One reason might be that the tank is only 10" deep, as it was originally used to contain clothes (Rubbermaid tubs). Could the relatively shallowness of the water be the reason?

hi
try and get them moved asap or you could try putting in some pond plants so they dont feel as exposed

They are in the pond now and are much better. I guess it was just that they felt exposed and thus didn't move.

They are in the pond now and are much better. I guess it was just that they felt exposed and thus didn't move.

It was most likely because there wasn't enough oxygen in the tub and that ammonia levels built up quickly in the smaller body of water. But if they are in the pond now and doing well then all is well :) .

Most reactions

Back