Golden Wonder Killie

nashnut

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
:/ Someone gave me one. It's grown to about 3 1/2 inches in size now. I felt sorry for it and when I saw a pair in the LFS I decided to get them to keep the other one company. Now my original golden is slapping both of these with the tail. It will let them come close and then turn around and do a tail slap.

What's the story???

Well golden wonder killis are very agressive towards other males, they should be kept at a ratio of 1 male to 2 females. Also what size is your tank?

And check out article if u need help sexing them.

Golden Wonder Killi

Well I had a male and two females but now I can't find the one smaller female. She could be anywhere as I just saw one I "lost" about three weeks ago. Very very heavily planted (20) with caves, etc. These are fairly small compared to the one I've been stuffing for weeks.

She's back. Grabbed her share of the black worms for dinner tonight. The new ones are just so much smaller than the amazon currently in the tank. The small male is striking with his colors. This is just a temporary home. They'll be moving into another tank shortly with a lot of floating plants as well as rooted ones.

Yes, that's half the problem. I had this one given to me about 6 weeks ago. At that point she was the size of the ones I found yesterday. She just ate everything in sight and grew!! Boy did she grow. The other female now keeps to herself and this larger amazon golden wonder stays near the male.

:) Thanks for all the links and help. They'll be headed into another tank shortly with more floating plants, etc. I've noticed that the larger female has taken to exploring the plants more, especially at a lower level. She usually spends her time on the surface but not now.

Here's a shot I just took of the three of them. The smaller female follows the big female around until she gets swatted. The male just stays to one side watching.
goldenwonderkillies.jpg

Most reactions

Back