Gold Snails

cujo87

Reaction score
My snails are always laying eggs at the top of my tank but never seem to hatch, any advice???

My snails are always laying eggs at the top of my tank but never seem to hatch, any advice???

The eggs has to stay moist.... I always place a plastic coke bottle with the bottom cut off and a slit in the side, submerged over the eggs, & they hatch in the 1000nds.... try this.

do i take the eggs off the side of the tank for this?

Sorry not understanding do i take the eggs off the side of the tank for this?

Nope!... do not try to move the eggs.... merely cut off the bottom edge of a plastic coke bottle, and cut a slit in it (height wise) and place it over the eggs (on the side of the tank) with the bottom submerged.... I'm losing myself in this verbal description, but try to picture it....Tell me if you understand, otherwise I'll try scan a drawing of what I'm trying to say) A picture is worth a thousand words.

I know I'd like to see a drawing of this please, as I have some strange visions from your description. My apple snails have been celebrating St Valentine's Day a bit early! I'm expecting eggs at some time (hopefully) and would like to do best for them and also get any info on whether my fancy goldfish will try to eat the babies or not :unsure:

i did remove my eggs and built a cheap incubator for the eggs. i took two Styrofoam cups put small holes in the top and placed the eggs in it and used one to seal the eggs in then placed the eggs floating in one of my warmer tanks right under the light making sure they got misted every couple of hours. this worked i have now loads of baby mystery snails.
this article helped me hopefully it will help you as well. good luck

http://www.####HatchingOutAp...ilClutches.html

I know I'd like to see a drawing of this please, as I have some strange visions from your description. My apple snails have been celebrating St Valentine's Day a bit early! I'm expecting eggs at some time (hopefully) and would like to do best for them and also get any info on whether my fancy goldfish will try to eat the babies or not :unsure:

If still not clear, I'll have to set one up and take photos....

scan0017.jpg

Most reactions

Back