Gold And Dwarf Gourami Together?

NorthEastFisherman

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So my buddy has a dwarf gourami and he doesnt like its attitude (bosses around the tank), i told him theyre semi-aggressive fish but he wanted it anyway but now he wants to get rid of it. So were doing a trade my two gold barbs and 3 zebra danios for his gourami. But the only problem is i dont know what tank i want to put it in. Here are the choices, a 29g with my gold gourami, bolivian rams, rainbow shark, and neon/glowlight tetras, my 15g with a redtail shark, male swordtail, 1 panda cory, 2 peppered cories and an otto, or my 10g with a female betta (very friendly but idk how the gourami will interact with her), 2 guppies, 2 albino cories, 2 peppered cories, a tiger barb (school died off which consisted of all females and they all died in the same week, very weird), and an albino bn pleco. My choice was the 15g and i was going to see if i can trade my redtail shark for loaches at my lfs or maybe sell him. But figuring since my redtail chases all the fish i would put him in the 29g and see how it goes, all the fish in there are passive except the rainbow during feeding time. Should i even take in the gourami? I want him to trade the dwarf for a honey gourami which are more passive but he didnt really know what to do. And will the two gouramis get together if i do put it in the 29g? All the tanks are almost fully stocked so its kinda pushing it but i wanna help out my beginner friend.

Id get rid of the redtail for the gourami and the tank (the 15) would be fully stocked. Redtail sharks can grow up to 4", so not okay for a 15 gal. :)

crazyforcordoras said:
Id get rid of the redtail for the gourami and the tank (the 15) would be fully stocked. Redtail sharks can grow up to 4", so not okay for a 15 gal.
smile.png
Its at its maxium growth hes about 4inches. It was a beginners mistake and ive had him for a year but my dad isnt building the big tanks he was wanting to build so i dont have anywhere to put him.

Most reactions

Back