Going away

Michele

Reaction score
Hi. I am going away & will not be able to feed my fish for 4 days (ie. leaving on Sat & returning on the Thurs) - will my fish be ok without food or should I pick up one of those food things you drop in your tank? I was worried that maybe they will pollute the water with too much food. Thanks :)

Hi your fish will be fine without food for that length of time, don't worry, just feed before you go, not anymore than normal.

Hi great advice from above post fish will be fine for the four days while your away DONT be tempted to overfeed on the run up to the holidays as this will ensure problems for your return.

I agree, I would def not go with one of those blocks. They are made up of all sorts of cack and are usually only accessable for bottom feeders.

Sorry to hijack but you say that the fish sould not be fed more than usual in the run up to leaving? I am going away for 5 days and I was thinking of feeding the fish once a day for the 2 days running up to leaving. As I usually only feed once every other day, would this be a bad idea?

No CS, you would be fine doing that, and when you return just tail off the feeding, don't just stop it.

Most reactions

Back