Glowlight Or Black Neon Tetra?

fUbAr

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a choice of 6 glowlight tetra, or 6 black neons.... and i cant decide which to go for. I like the look of both!

Are there any pro's/con's for each? also does one grow bigger than the other?

Any pics would be a great help too :)

I have a choice of 6 glowlight tetra, or 6 black neons.... and i cant decide which to go for. I like the look of both!

Are there any pro's/con's for each? also does one grow bigger than the other?

Any pics would be a great help too :)

i would pick the black neons

just cuz thier awesome!

and they school well too

i would pick the black neons

just cuz thier awesome!

and they school well too

what makes them awsome?

ah yeah, forgot to say i really want a little school of them, so the tighter they school the better! only got a 20G tank...

my background is plain blue... so i think they'll both stand out well.

if they would be the only thing goin into the tank glowlights. if not..... glowlights.
there are awsome :wub: but crap i cant find them anyware!!!

My son has both in his tank and while I think the Black Neons are cute, I like the Glowlights better. They're just more... colorful.

They seem to be the most "friendly" too, they're usually the first to swim to the front of the tank when we're there, and they also seem to be the first ones waiting for breakfast and then going after the food in the mornings.

We also have Cardinal Neons, they are just so pretty. :wub:

Glowlights

These are the hardiest and most liveliest tetra IMO.

I mean, one of these dudes survived 2 years in a bug carrier with me, survived a bad tank move without climate condition and back, and has survived a week and a half in a tank with a senegal Bichir, where 2x cardinals and a neon have fallen prey to him.

That is one tough glowlite I tell you.

So I have to stick by them.

which is the hardiest?

i will be adding them straight into the new tank after 9 weeks of cycling next week, so need a hardy little shoal to start with.

which is the hardiest?

i will be adding them straight into the new tank after 9 weeks of cycling next week, so need a hardy little shoal to start with.

I have kept both in the past and have found glowlights to be the hardier of the two.

I'd take the Glowlights if I were you. Mine grow bigger than the Neons and are much hardier. We got one when getting some other tetras, he wasn't noticed by the inexperienced worker at Pets At Home. Back then we'd get excited about them for a week then only notice them when one died(I'm just speaking the truth, lots of people who don't know about or aren't all that interested in fish do that too).

But it survived remarkably in a neglected tank(not neglected as-in no food, they'd get food every one or two days)but it's all better now that I've fully taken over the reigns. I'd say in my experience they are the hardier fish.

Most reactions

Back