Glass Tops For Tanks

Marnee

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
This will by far be the stupidest question ever asked. I will be purchasing a glass top for my tank and adding new lights for the plants and I don't understand how the glass top will allow for my filter and heater. Do I have to take the glass to a glass cutter and have those sections cut out or does the glass only cover a certain width of the tank leaving a few inches across the back length open to accommodate filters etc? Can someone give me a top down view of their glass top and T5 light set up?
Told you it would be a dumb question.

Depends on the make/model of tank/glass panel, will it sit on the glass 'shelves' or just on top?

if the top is same size as tank it will sit flush. i looked at one but had no holes cut for wires. so i made a diy one out of see acrylic plastic. and cut it in half so it would slide over other half to feed clean etc. as glass one was heavy to must messing about taking on and off to feed

The glass tops on my new 120G that I'm setting up has a 2 inch plastic section at one end that you can cut notches into if you need to.

Most reactions

Back