3mm Thick Glass

I love Lake Inle species I keep sawbwa and breed them. I'm thinking of an upgrade for my sawbwa from a 60L. I also like CPDs. A group of 10+ would be perfect for this tank. But the shrimp tank is definitely still on my mind. Just need to make a decision with what fits the size and water parameters.

What are you thinking of for yours?
Oh yes, that’s right! I actually saw your thread about the Lake Inle species. CPDs are so gorgeous and would look fantastic with the sawbwas. You should start a journal for this tank! I’d be interested in following it.

I’m working on a biotope of the Ucayali River in Peru. It’ll have neon tetras, marbled hatchetfish, zebra otos, and an apisto (agassizii). I also have a 20gal that I’ll use as a quarantine tank for the Ucayali fish and then eventually something else (undecided). The stand I’m building will actually be a rack for the two of them. Another reason for diy, since most pre-made multi-tank stands I’ve seen have the second tank basically on the floor! I don’t really want to have to lay down to enjoy a tank. Thankfully lumber’s a decent price where I am right now.

The cost of Lumber is quite high at the moment. Perhaps a look into premade might be a wise option
I had to buy a couple tools to make it how I wanted so that was part of the expense. On the positive side now I have those tools and a stand that I could safely set a full size pickup truck on.

Oh yes, that’s right! I actually saw your thread about the Lake Inle species. CPDs are so gorgeous and would look fantastic with the sawbwas. You should start a journal for this tank! I’d be interested in following it.

I’m working on a biotope of the Ucayali River in Peru. It’ll have neon tetras, marbled hatchetfish, zebra otos, and an apisto (agassizii). I also have a 20gal that I’ll use as a quarantine tank for the Ucayali fish and then eventually something else (undecided). The stand I’m building will actually be a rack for the two of them. Another reason for diy, since most pre-made multi-tank stands I’ve seen have the second tank basically on the floor! I don’t really want to have to lay down to enjoy a tank. Thankfully lumber’s a decent price where I am right now.
A Biotope is always a good idea. I know it's not the fish most people highlight but zebra otos look amazing IMO. My LFS got a group in a couple of months ago and put them in a blackwater showcase aquarium. Nothing but driftwood and botanicals.

I had to buy a couple tools to make it how I wanted so that was part of the expense. On the positive side now I have those tools and a stand that I could safely set a full size pickup truck on.
I have acquired multiple tools over the years so at least that's not more money :D. I have a table saw and a drill press which will help massively if I do go the DIY route. A well-made stand for a pickup 😂 can't go wrong with that

A Biotope is always a good idea. I know it's not the fish most people highlight but zebra otos look amazing IMO. My LFS got a group in a couple of months ago and put them in a blackwater showcase aquarium. Nothing but driftwood and botanicals.
Yes! That’s basically exactly what I’m planning, except I will have some floating plants. But lots and lots of driftwood and leaf litter. The zebra otos are actually the fish I’m most excited about, I think 😁 They’re a bit pricey in my area, but so pretty. I can’t wait to watch them climb all over the driftwood and feed them little slices of cucumber lol

Yes! That’s basically exactly what I’m planning, except I will have some floating plants. But lots and lots of driftwood and leaf litter. The zebra otos are actually the fish I’m most excited about, I think 😁 They’re a bit pricey in my area, but so pretty. I can’t wait to watch them climb all over the driftwood and feed them little slices of cucumber lol
Yeah, they are pricey £12.99 at my LFS. But them + driftwood and cucumber ;) a great combination.

Most reactions

Back